Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back on the Road for 2014

+19
golfnut8v
Jettameister
Dowzr
Robbie1885!
Simeon
jonsie
acsa
Dirtydubber
chazmcdonald
Reaver 'Ant'
glbootboy
07jettamk5
samthejettaman
popeye
venturbo
cacadoodledoo123
stari23
wiggy
jedi16v
23 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Back on the Road for 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: Back on the Road for 2014

Post by Road Boss Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:52 pm

How do you like the pipercross filter?
Road Boss
Road Boss

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jedi16v Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:58 pm

Seems all good at the moment and doesn't sound massively different to the K&N that was in there before
jedi16v
jedi16v
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Simeon Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:54 am

jedi16v wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
They look sweet mate. Do you have an issue with your indicators flashing red now?
Simeon
Simeon
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jedi16v Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:47 am

Simeon wrote:
jedi16v wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
They look sweet mate. Do you have an issue with your indicators flashing red now?
Thanks mate no not at all still nice and orange, I am using orange led bulbs though so not sure what it would be like on a normal filament bulb
jedi16v
jedi16v
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by jedi16v Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:14 pm

Bit of an update had to have a new clutch fitted in the spring after one of the pressure plate springs broke free doing this to the inside of the box Shocked 
Thankfully no serious damage was done
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
After getting a small thing known as a wedding out the way in june
and having weekends back I was able to get some small jobs done that had been put off for a while first was the rear pads and handbrake cables, tools and bits for the job Smile 
Think I got my use out of these they were EBC green pads believe it or not! Disc all cleaned up ready to for caliper and pads to go back on, and all built up:D 
Decided to finally try and sort out the dented rear panel after a bit of attacking with a DA I was left this gave it a de rusting etc then a first skim
after the first rub down and primed(still in primer at the mo)
Got a couple of low spots to sort then I can get it finished hope fully, got a stainless mongoose golf gti system for a steal and reinstated one of the silencers as the noise from the exhaust was getting too much for me and my neighbors!
This brings me up to the last couple of weeks finally fitted some powdercoated splash guards I'd had for ages and also changed the alternator and ps belts and fitted the powder coated brackets for the ps pump
As I'm getting older and I use this daily having solid/poly engine mounts was becoming too much so Ive swapped out the poly gearbox one for OEM G60 one which has made things a lot nicer/smoother.
I also found out about this stuff called Pro XL Pro Tex for retexturing plastics from a guys build on club gti, I'd been using Auto Finesse Revive every couple of months but wanted something more permanent so far Ive done the door trims and one of the front arches and can say I'm well impressed looks almost like the OEM finish
And to finish off a nice beading shot
Next update will hopefully be smaller and also positive as its due it MOT on monday silent
jedi16v
jedi16v
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by jedi16v Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:37 am

Thought I should update things things after six months! After the Mot expired at the end of September last year I decided to pull the car off the road as I had the use of a van for work, The intention was to fully sort it out before spring! as with all good plans this didn't happen Sarah's Bora had been in need of attention for some time so most of my time and money has gone into that recently pale 
Anyway I made a start repainting the wheels before Xmas, I faffed about trying a few colours and decided on Audi aluminum silver in the end here's the first one
After this I didn't touch it for nearly three months till the end of Feb! When it came round to getting her fired up she was misfiring badly I new I had a cracked dizzy cap so I swapped that out for a new one as well a new rotor arm which changed sweet fa, so then checked the plugs  Shocked  
Think this might be the cause of it running rough Rolling Eyes also decided to change the ht leads at the same for some 10mm ones for an extra 0.00001bhp Laughing 
Now it was running somewhere near right I pulled my finger out slightly and started on the front wheels in preparation for new tires
In colour waiting to be laquered
Which brings things up to this Saturday just gone when it went for its Mot which thankfully it passed!  Very Happy  had a few advisories but nothing major, was thinking of going slightly lower but after seeing it on the brake rollers think it might be low enough!!!
jedi16v
jedi16v
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:14 pm

This has come on soooo much since I was last on here its looks really good dude and well looked after, love it well done.
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.dirtydubs.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jedi16v Tue May 06, 2014 8:15 am

After seven months its finally road legal again, still got a list of things to do as long as my leg but hey ho most important is its useable again Very Happy
Cracked out some polish at the weekend when I was washing my mountain bike, If only the paintwork looked as good in real life as it does in this picture I'd be a happy bunny
Need to do the rest of the car at some point, also after bending one of my wheels nearly four years ago and finding a secondhand replacement all be it in a different colour shes finally sitting on four wheels the same colour
please excuse the picture quality  Laughing  it was getting dark not to mention smashing it down with rain, to celebrate being road legal I went for a little blast
Was the most fun I've had in 6 miles in a long time  Very Happy just got to start working through that job list now :?
jedi16v
jedi16v
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6