Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ants 86 Jetta GTi Engineering with a twist

+34
KREGDUB
Mark1.8t
jedi16v
veedal
rowlesy
T
jettamk2coupe
ady
stari23
Dirtydubber
jettadan
Ray
07jettamk5
2drYetti
mup130tdi
stumak
PAB
vardo
re2
popeye
Mr T
jettamk2
dubbed_up_daz
manzi
venturbo
Andrew
disco
t-jett
steveb
Stu G
wiggy
samthejettaman
Foolish Boy
Reaver 'Ant'
38 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Ants 86 Jetta GTi Engineering with a twist - Page 2 Empty Re: Ants 86 Jetta GTi Engineering with a twist

Post by jettamk2 Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:00 am

love thos wheels! Very Happy

when this cars all done and painted its gonna look sweet!!! lookking forward to seeign it at shows! ultimate dubs?

pics when uve got fogs plz!!! lol

keep it up...itl all be worth it
jettamk2
jettamk2
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Ants 86 Jetta GTi Engineering with a twist - Page 2 Empty Re: Ants 86 Jetta GTi Engineering with a twist

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:08 pm

Well had a big stripping day today will pop some pics up tomorrow wings are off rear pannel removed and trying to wire in windows scratch to drop them and strip and to top it i finally got the body kit of YAY!!
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Number of posts : 2583
Registration date : 2007-03-05

http://www.JettaOwnersClub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jettamk2 Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:12 pm

cool cool, what are you doing with the body kit? just cleanignn it up and fixing it back on properly all painted up?

ive had a day off striipogn aswell on my mates mk2 16v golf, ready for the GTD engine.....dash out all loms out, engine stripped, manifold off shafts off ready to eb crained out 2moz.
jettamk2
jettamk2
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:52 pm

Yeah all bein stripped out ready for the respray next week full on resto goin down prior to Ultimate Dubs wheels, Body kit the lot gonna be an awesome way to kick off the new show season Very Happy
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr T Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:58 pm

All is comming along nicely there Ant. Can't wait to see it at this years shows.

Mr T
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by venturbo Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:50 pm

Hi mate im glad things are starting to move forward for you.

As mentioned previous keep the updates flowing and pics of the work.
P.S. hope your keeping well and see you at some of the shows soon.

venturbo
2.0 TFSI - 200ps!

Number of posts : 961
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:16 pm

Well as promised heres a little update the car is officially booked in for the respray on Monday Shocked Im really not sure im gonna be done for Ultimate Dubs!!

Stripped wings and windows
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
New rear pannel compleate refabrication because a new pannel worked out at £200 so i thought erm NO defos and garens not!!

And heres a couple for good measure of the striped nose

Working on the gearbox tomorrow finally sort the reverse gate out its doin my head in GRRRRRR
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by venturbo Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:42 pm

Take your time with it mate and do it right.
You only have to take a leaf out of Steveb's book on that to see the results.

There's always another show.

If you need a hand with things putting it back together give us a shout.

venturbo
2.0 TFSI - 200ps!

Number of posts : 961
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by popeye Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:45 pm

rear panel looking very neat ant, good spot welding, it will all come together
popeye
popeye
Staff Member

Number of posts : 979
Registration date : 2008-03-09

http://ron.bremner@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Foolish Boy Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:43 pm

I've never seen an inner wing airbox feed like that. Whats happening with the wheels?
Foolish Boy
Foolish Boy
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:45 pm

The wheels are off to be refurbed and sprayed tomorrow oh its all very exciting the kits being picked up in the morning aswell. There is a very good reason im trying to get it done for UD all will be revealed nearer the time Twisted Evil
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by popeye Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:07 pm

Ant wrote:. There is a very good reason im trying to get it done for UD all will be revealed nearer the time 
.you getting some £££££££'s or free advertising for the club
popeye
popeye
Staff Member

Number of posts : 979
Registration date : 2008-03-09

http://ron.bremner@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Foolish Boy Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:00 am

I bet it won't be exposed to the elements.
Foolish Boy
Foolish Boy
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:05 am

looking good ant i was going to say the same as jay about that air feed!

gladyour respraying it should be sweet as, you missing any bits? cant remeber wat i have lying around. how you getting on with your lecky windows?
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:12 am

two good ones one wrong hand and one being looked at tomorrow. By the way that company you sent me too for the windows, they are the oe supplyer you aint got a driver reg spare have you bud?
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:42 am

always been a fan of these and of GTI Engineering. I have a huge selection of literature and articles, and a rare GTI Eng Golf syncro

Here is the official VW flyer

To the best of my knowledge all these cars were sold from VW with a standard engine, but Id be surprised if none of them were tuned later.

The wheels are made by RH i beleive. I also have an article in an old mag that I will scan at a later date. The airbox was a common GTI set up on the early cars

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by jettamk2 Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:10 pm

There is a feature in this months VW Driver on Jetta GTs and GTI's, aswell as a section on the GT Engineering... interested to read that they were only made in the UK by VAG UK. Nice bit of reading.

Also noticed theres that US red mk3 vento thats been made into a 2dr coupe in PVW this month.....Looks good
jettamk2
jettamk2
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:53 pm

Check out the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for further info on the cars there were only 50 of them ever made including the prototype we are due to set up a mini site in the near future as the cars seem to be appearing very slowly there will be more info on the site to follow.

The wheels, kit and bumpers have all gone in the bodyshop heres a quick update of todays work

Stripped and looking very sorry for herself not sure im liking the rust at the rear arches it might put me back a bit

Removed the Gearstick housing aswell so finally sorted the revers select problem well chuffed me Very Happy

Its well worn im not supprised i couldent get the right gear
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dubbed_up_daz Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:29 pm

there was a mint gti engineering mk2 getting discussed on the mk1 owners forum recently,got a lot of undeserved hate. Best of luck getting it back together for UD,not left yourself much time though

if its ready is dean putting it inside in the foyer?

dubbed_up_daz
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by vardo Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:34 pm

hey Ant,
not been on much but still jetta and bora owner,well in for getting a gti eng,progress is looking great,cant wait to see it all finished .well done and ill try and be about a lot more

cheerz Ed
vardo
vardo
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:58 am

Daz - lets just say it will have a special home there Very Happy

Ed - If you can get your hands on one they are becoming quite rare but i know of a few now ill be updateing the register very soon.
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dubbed_up_daz Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:57 pm

weve got half a bottle of vodka two pairs of sunglasses bad suits and 5 weeks........

hit it

lol best of luck and hope to catch you there

dubbed_up_daz
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:53 am

Right peeps my strips top and bottom of the rear bumper are completely shot ive tried VW and they dont list seperate part numbers has anyone got any suggestions??? or any spares laying around???
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:56 pm

stips? gort any pics and ill see what ive got!
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:58 pm

here ya go buddy see the red stripe on the bumper its removable but i cant get em anywhere

On the GT its painted and totally wrecked i.e split in half with a section missing and its on both front and rear. They removed the trims to paint them and the bumpers but theyt were just too brittle Mad Although you cant see it there is also a lower one on the bottom ridge thats black.

If anyone knows where to get them there were three types

Red
Chrome
Black

Question Question Question
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next