Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jade Green Mk2 Jetta tx project. Picture Heavy!

+7
Road Boss
Moss
stickthin2k
golfnut8v
kai-khan
mart gx
lukeybabes
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jade Green Mk2 Jetta tx project. Picture Heavy! Empty Jade Green Mk2 Jetta tx project. Picture Heavy!

Post by lukeybabes Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:12 am

Heya guys and gals. New member here. Had this for a while now among other projects. Got lucky buying it really as its a ridiculousness rust free shell. Only small bits in normal places.

I will start from the beginning and try to keep it short for a first post.

My mate bought it first for cheap and this picture is from when he bought it off someone that had it silly low. So the arches are pre rolled.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then my first fitted a new sump, full service, coilovers, new top mounts and drop links. And then I sorted out some burnt out dash wiring for him because he's useless with wiring and didn't even want to try. Was just a dash light wire had shorted and melted a load of wires together. All fixed a pretty now as i've had the dash out and did it properly. The previous owner wrapped it all in masking tape??? Idiots.

And that's how it stayed for ages. Then I offered him £400 for it and he took it. Bargain!

Fixed loads of little bits light broken rear light and little trim bits. Im real anal about it. anything not perfect gets changed. And cleaned up the engine bay.

Bought a wood steering wheel and gearknob. Which still need staining the same colour

Bought some wheels.

Split them down and got them polished

Bought a rare full brown interior.

And that's it really. Recently just stripped out the full interior again and is for sale in the for sale section. Not the brown one. The original TX one.
Fitted all new vapor barrier and loads of new sound deadening in the doors. Put all new foam in the heater box. And then I've just been fixing the small amounts of rust. Really only need to fix some little bits on the lower of the rear arches and then can have a full respray.

Thanks for looking.

lukeybabes
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-02-21

Back to top Go down

Jade Green Mk2 Jetta tx project. Picture Heavy! Empty Re: Jade Green Mk2 Jetta tx project. Picture Heavy!

Post by mart gx Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:02 pm

awsome dude loving the brown iterior !
mart gx
mart gx
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Back to top Go down

Jade Green Mk2 Jetta tx project. Picture Heavy! Empty Re: Jade Green Mk2 Jetta tx project. Picture Heavy!

Post by lukeybabes Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:05 am

Wooo, First responder. This forum seems a bit dead. Thanks!

lukeybabes
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by kai-khan Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:09 pm

loveing the gotti's m8 keep up the good work cheers
kai-khan
kai-khan
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by lukeybabes Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:43 pm

Thanks! might not be as long as I thought to get this painted. My mate owes me a respray. So might use it on this.

lukeybabes
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by lukeybabes Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:03 pm

More rust chopping. I only cut that much off of the rear arch because i needed to rebuild a section of the inner arch. But the outer arch is fine. Only the very bottom needs replacing with new metal.
And then at the front of the rear arch had a bit of rust. But still nothing really.

Didn't get a pic of it fully welded in. Will patch up the rest tomorrow and then crack on with the other side. Pretty much the same.

Pinched a bumper hanger off of an old after marked bumper I had to cut up and glue into place.

lukeybabes
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by golfnut8v Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:32 pm

lovely......keep up the good work, and keep the pics coming.....!!! Cool

golfnut8v
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by kai-khan Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:34 pm

cant beat a free respray think ive seen this b4 you on swdubs?
kai-khan
kai-khan
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by lukeybabes Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Thanks golfnut! Should have the arches done by tomorrow. I hope.

Yeah I'm on swdubs. A few people owned this before me on that forum as well. But i often update my threads on there.
Lol its free labor really. I still have to pay for paint. But that's not too bad I guess. He owes me it because I did some wiring for him on a car he set fire to while doing some welding. lol.

lukeybabes
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by lukeybabes Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:23 pm

More arch work. Im getting better at this repair work.

Notice the primer all around the arch. All of the lip had surface rust where someone had rolled the arches before and cracked all the paint. So I ground it all off and put some rust converter on and primered. Some paint will go on tomorrow so it doesn't rust again before the respray.

Also just starting to strip down the front so could get to a few bits and then it will be ready for the respray as well.

lukeybabes
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by lukeybabes Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:59 pm

I know I keep saying it but getting close to being rust free. Done all the arches now. Just a few spots that need grinding down on the passenger door and a couple of spots on the rear panel behind the bumper.

Had to rebuild the inner arch corner on the last rear arch. Quite a good job. It was really dark by the time i finished painting it. That is commitment for you! So soooo cold!

Will also get a healthy dose of under seal once the car is painted.

Couple of other little bits as well got painted.

lukeybabes
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by lukeybabes Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:44 pm

Pretty much ready for paint now.

Don't know why people insist on just screwing number plates into the metal and making it rust. There are proper holes right next to the screw holes.

lukeybabes
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by lukeybabes Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:51 pm

I might smooth off the rear VW badge in favour of the earlier Volkswage badge for the left side. What you guys think?

lukeybabes
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by stickthin2k Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:48 am

Following this thread with keen interest mate, looking very nice indeed. Loving your repair work, very tidy!

stickthin2k

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by lukeybabes Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:28 pm

Thanks!

lukeybabes
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by lukeybabes Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:40 pm

Cleaned out the boot and gave the car a clean today. And repaired a bit of a hole on the new front valance. This one is cleaner.

Boot floor is so straight.

Also welded up the hole for the number plate.

In case I want to do this.

Still not sure if I should smooth off the rear VW badge so I can put an earlier one on the left side of the rear? I might get annoyed that is has later spec door moldings and doors though.

lukeybabes
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Moss Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:58 pm

Personally I'd leave the badge as is! But that's just me! Any way cars looking like its coming on really well can't wait to see end result, my prediction- very smart jet! Very Happy
Moss
Moss

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by lukeybabes Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:51 pm

Yeah I decided to leave it as it is. Thanks! Very Happy

lukeybabes
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Road Boss Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:58 am

I love this color and I really dig those wheels.
Road Boss
Road Boss

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by lukeybabes Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:14 pm

Thanks man! Nothing really happening with this atm.

lukeybabes
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jettameister Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:57 am

Nice work. The late '87 Jetta's had the "new" doors and the early grill in it Wink

Jettameister
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by lukeybabes Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:07 pm

This is an 88 i think. But came with the earlier grill when i bought it. Much better look than the later one.

lukeybabes
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by golfnut8v Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:04 am

looking good, ...... cheers

cmon get it painted for the summer.. Cool Cool

golfnut8v
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by lukeybabes Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:34 pm

I am hassling him but hes just got a new car himself and is painting that first, which is fair enough.

lukeybabes
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by lukeybabes Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:41 pm

Not really much of an update but I've been painting the gottis finally. Had an urge to do something for the Jetta. Been neglected recently.

Needs another coat before its finished and I will reveal and most likely build the wheel up to drool over. Ive also decided the jetta will be getting the cruise control treatment as I have parts left over from doing my golf.

lukeybabes
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next