Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My 1990 Swedish Jetta

+7
Drkillian
mart gx
Reaver 'Ant'
Simeon
dicko120
venturbo
jonsie
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My 1990 Swedish Jetta  - Page 2 Empty Re: My 1990 Swedish Jetta

Post by Dliner Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:48 pm

Those rims are awesome! I love them, it will look great. Otherwise nice car! sweden is a meccha for old vws. Smile

Dliner

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jonsie Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:11 pm

Hey everyone,

Sorry its been ages but been busy with ot her projects and its taken me ages to finish my car. Below is a photo of it in its finished (for now?!) state.
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Thanks for the comments guys, i love the wheels and now they are on the car i think they suit it very well. Underneath the car i changed the subframe, wishbones, all the bushes front and rear, zimmerman discs, green stuff pads, bigger brake cylinder, new brakelines front and rear, braided hoses, FK AK coilies front and rear, eibach ARBs, renevated the shift linkage, radiator cowling, steering knuckles and powdercoated the calipers, (big thanks to Bigg Red for this, amazing job). I have fitted tan corrado front seats and need to hook heated seats to the loom. Its in place originally but has different connectors.

Next step is the bodywork, gotta t-cut the lfe out of the faded tornado pink paint and sort the rust spots, then its respray time i think Cool

Anyway, hope you like and I shall post up upgrades as and when
Simon

jonsie
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:25 am

Its well deservant of all the praise those rims really do suit the mk2 lookin forward to more updates
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Number of posts : 2583
Registration date : 2007-03-05

http://www.JettaOwnersClub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jettameister Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:11 pm

looking good mate !

Jettameister
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by jonsie Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Cheers guys.

Got a question regarding strut braces. I'm not planning on racing the car but have lowered it and uprated the anti-roll bars. What are peoples experinces? Any good or a waste of time and money for the road?

Simon

jonsie
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:12 pm

They just tie everything together nicely not sure ull see the advantage on the road though buddy however on the track you would see a significant change although there are two types as always some are just for the look and dont have any strength in them.
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Number of posts : 2583
Registration date : 2007-03-05

http://www.JettaOwnersClub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jonsie Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Thanks for the reply Reaver, I will check it out I think and see whats about Wink
As stated at the start of this thread my car has had a tapping sound coming from the engine. Now I have recently changed the oil and to be honest that is something I do every 6 months including the filter. It still makes the noise and I know I have enough oil in the engine.
I believe that the timing might be out as suggested and this is most likely cause, but does anyone have any other suggestions? I am going to get a timing gun anyway for my tool collection, even I should manage that Wink
Soon I will be fitting my rear seats from a Corrado and sorting the rust patches on the body before getting a respray. Then, its engine time cheers

jonsie
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by jonsie Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:54 am

So I got the rear seats fitted in the Jetta now thanks to Tim at The Phirm. He hadn't fitted these seats too a Mk2 Jetta so now he can chalk that off as well lol. Thing was the next day after the fitting I went and slammed my car into a kerb in the snow and wrote one of my alloys off Crying or Very sad Embarassed . Lucky the wishbone took most of the brunt of it and was an easy fix, the alloy however was toast. So I am on the hunt for a couple more now! Boo
So for he mean time I'm rocking steels but they look ok. I also bust off half the lactic arch trim on the driver side (mines a leftie). Vw heritage wanted £75 for one Shocked but I managed to get a full GTi trim set minus skirts for £50 of a well known auction site, score! I'm in the process of removing all the trim ready for getting the car sprayed and checking on rust. So far the arches are solid with minor surface rust so happy there and the same for the sills.
I'm also spraying the trim with Satin Black and well pleased with the results, looks quality and just like new hey. At least that's what I think lol
My exhaust has started the death rattle of a dying exhaust and my manifold is blowing like a cheap hooker so that's next on the list of repairs/ mods as well as fitting the GTi cam I have required. I plan to get the head flowed, four branch manifold, Jetex exhaust system with GTi cam. Should give her a bit more poke, enough for my daily anyway.
Am on the hunt for black carpets and boot shelf if anyone has one to sell?.?

Hopefully update with pics soon
Cheers Simon

jonsie
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Road Boss Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:17 am

I like those wheels man!
Road Boss
Road Boss