Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GTI Engineering Jetta GT (painted and been to some shows)

+23
Robbie1885!
cacadoodledoo123
jonsie
UberDub
Simeon
stari23
jedi16v
welderone
dicko120
venturbo
Dirtydubber
samthejettaman
jetta88
wiggy
jettamk2coupe
07jettamk5
popeye
Mexican
liam.
manzi
pipster
Reaver 'Ant'
re2
27 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

GTI Engineering Jetta GT (painted and been to some shows) - Page 3 Empty Re: GTI Engineering Jetta GT (painted and been to some shows)

Post by re2 Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:05 pm

the ebay parts are on the way
: )
I won them for 1eur but the cheeky bugger charged me 40eur for postage! WEho cares I guess as i hope they are the right arches and the project is complete again. Ive also 2 complete interiors now and spare material, and theres just some glass and a few little odds and ends to find now. the fire was an electrical fault and the clear-up is still under way so no progress on the car

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

GTI Engineering Jetta GT (painted and been to some shows) - Page 3 Empty Re: GTI Engineering Jetta GT (painted and been to some shows)

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:36 pm

what interiours have you got buddy dont suppose you have the spare driver seat back and base covers
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Number of posts : 2583
Registration date : 2007-03-05

http://www.JettaOwnersClub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:40 pm

the original interior. I dont have any spare as i plan on puttimng the original one back in the 16v as well as the GT. Ive got some spare material from a spare rear bench, but that just about repairs my damaged seats. i do have some spare doorcards if thats any use. They are in average condition

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:43 pm

it might just be ill let you know buddy Very Happy
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:46 pm

im gonna put them on ebay with some other stuff tomorrow but ill cancel the auction if its for you. There is also an ad in the FS section here but no pics just yet

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:59 am

there must be something about this jetta as it seems that it just doesnt want to be restored! The arches won from ebay.de turned up today and I could barely contain my excitement! Only to find that they had been modified to accomadate larger wheels and have had most of the arch lip removed. Nothing was said in the auction listing about this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The ebay arch is on the left and the fire damaged one on the right

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:55 pm

well, it looks like ive only one option left and thats to pay $205 for a new set from Autotech in the States. The pre '88 set is $150, and the post '88 is $65. ive no idea what the difference could be but ive been assured that I need the more expensive set (aint that always the case with old cars)

im getting pretty miffed with this bloody arch fiasco now

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:18 pm

i managed to get a set and ive also treted myself to a spare set of rear arch extensions too. Im still waiting for the fenders to arrive and i havent seen the car in weeks or really know how things are going

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:08 pm

things are going very slowly as my car has been pushed to the back of the queue and it hasnt been welded yet either. The fenders are here at last. Good job its a winter project eh!

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:59 pm

looking forward to seeing the progress when you get some piccies buddy Smile
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:03 pm

the cars is supposed to get welded next week or the week after. Im dropping off the new arch set on sat, so ill get some better current pics hopefully

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by venturbo Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:06 pm

Hope things start going in the right direction for you now and look forward to seeing the updates.

venturbo
2.0 TFSI - 200ps!

Number of posts : 961
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:47 am

pics to follow later, but the 2 rear skirts were also warped in the fire! Luckily id already bought a set

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:30 pm

Time for a proper update now. I went to look at it at the paintshop and this is the first time Ive seen it since the fire broke out. I just stood there and wondered just WTF I was doing!

Its strange how a little time can cloud the reality of just how bloody rusty your car is

but then I saw the extent of the roof damage from the falling Mk2 doors when the Firemen were putting out the blaze

and to top it off there was more of the bodykit damaged in the fire

Luckily Id seen these rear arch extensions on offer when I bought the flares, so at least I didnt have to hunt around anymore.

I cant wait to cruise around in it, but as i suffer from male pattern baldness, Ill have to come up with some other solution for a mullet........

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:21 pm

I remember that stage (minus the fire) its all worth it in the end buddy Smile
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:16 am

i know it will be but i have to keep convincing myself. The dented roof and burnt bodykit is the real shitter
: (

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:10 pm

I really feel for you on this one mate i really do hope that things start to go in the right direction for you. Dont give up hope its people like you that keep are scene going in the long run, alot of people would have thrown the towel in and scrapped it by now.
Im sure you will keep your eye on it but just make sure all that surface rust has been ground out before they fill, prime and paint that sort of rust will return in about 18 month/ 2 years just enough time for lots of bodyshops to turn around and say its nothing to do with them. Not trying to tell you how to suck eggs or anything but i spent a bit of time in a great bodyshop putting things like that right. Again good luck and watching with great interest.
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.dirtydubs.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:49 am

Thankyou for saying that!
the bodyshop is my recommendation by Junior at MJ Interiors. Hes been a mate for years now, so I can only trust his opinion. its the same chap who did John Gledhills last car too. Its just shitty luck in the long run and simon has assured me that it will be like nothing ever happened once its done. The hard work was tracking the new parts down, and Im still struggling locating some early tinted glass. When you compare this to the Syncro ive been doing for 9 years, then this is much easier

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Sounds all good with bodyshop bud cant wait to see the final results. Ive been following the Syncro's progress aswell and cant wait to see that on the road. It has to be said you have got me totally addicted to the idea of putting a Gti Engineering engine in my Scirocco project so i might need to tap you up for your more than expert knowledge on the matter hopefully early next year when we start on her (well i said that last year lol).
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.dirtydubs.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:59 pm

im no expert on the GTI Eng stuff, but I have picked up the odd thing or two on the way. Ive got a RE1900 16v to put in the daily Jetta at some point too (hopefully early next year)

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by dicko120 Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:42 pm

I cant begin to understand how gutted you must be!! My thoughts are with you!

The Simon fella at the bodyshop didnt have a blue Mk2 that he turned into a 2 door many moons ago did he? Remember seeing a bloke in a mag...

dicko120
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:07 am

Im not sure. I can ask but he did do that pasanda? blue 20vt that was in the Golf+ a few months back

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:57 am

Jecht from the Ed38 forum spotted my car several years ago in a less that happy state- thankyou again for passing these pics on!

Jecht reckons this was 2003-2004

I bought it from Mick at TopGear Autocentre in Letchworth Garden City who had owned it since '98. The repair work wasnt the best and we've found all sorts of gremlins under the paint

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by popeye Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:30 pm

the poor jett looks in a sorry state, i'm sure it'll all be sorted in the near future, looking forward to seeing it finished..good luck.
popeye
popeye
Staff Member

Number of posts : 979
Registration date : 2008-03-09

http://ron.bremner@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:46 pm

Did mike give you the same speil as me when i was lookin at the car that being that he had been dry storing it in a show room for the last go knows howmany years Rolling Eyes now i know he was lying to me she looks like she was in the same state as mine back then when i got it last year but as i have said befor its all worth it in the end
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next