Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GTI Engineering Jetta GT (painted and been to some shows)

+23
Robbie1885!
cacadoodledoo123
jonsie
UberDub
Simeon
stari23
jedi16v
welderone
dicko120
venturbo
Dirtydubber
samthejettaman
jetta88
wiggy
jettamk2coupe
07jettamk5
popeye
Mexican
liam.
manzi
pipster
Reaver 'Ant'
re2
27 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

GTI Engineering Jetta GT (painted and been to some shows) - Page 9 Empty Re: GTI Engineering Jetta GT (painted and been to some shows)

Post by re2 Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:45 am

thankyou

at the mo it looks like the feature will be in the Jan issue, so available at the beginning of Dec- ill keep you posted

Theres loads of pics i still need to load up

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

GTI Engineering Jetta GT (painted and been to some shows) - Page 9 Empty Re: GTI Engineering Jetta GT (painted and been to some shows)

Post by golfnut8v Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:04 pm

i have just spent the last hour reading your build thread...wow..

well done on everyones hard work and effort, and fair play to you for keeping on keeping on...

what a result, and what a stunning car...

well done..!! Very Happy

golfnut8v
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:39 pm

thankyou
: )

I just wish I had a better garage and it would be out more often! Fingers crossed for good weather at GTI Festival this weekend

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:18 am

its about time for a pic update

VWNW at Tatton Park was a while ago, but it was one of the best shows I went to all year. Ive never been before so was gobsmacked at the shear quantity of Dubs of all shapes, sizes and ages! Definately a date for next year! There was even a couple who approached me that used to have a Special too and had owned it for 12 years I think. There was really nice enthusiastic people all over the show, and pretty good weather too

The S&S class I was in was basically everything that wasnt a Mk1 or Mk2 Golf GTI, so a right mixed bag. The Golf Mk1 Driver in the background won the class BTW

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It wasnt until ED38 that I got to get the Jetta onto another showground, and it was a great chance to catch up with a few people I hadnt seen in a while

and then there was some genuiney sunshine!

Its also had a new genuine rear silencer fitted and thats pretty much it at the mo as ive been rebuilding a RE1900 16v engine with Robs help, so the valver can get to CGTI's trackday at Bedford

Im also going to Festival at Pod this sunday so fingers crossed for nice weather!

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jettameister Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:19 pm

Very nice and rare Jetta you got!
I'm speachless..
Hope to meet you some day, I really want to see this car with my own eyes Cool

Jettameister
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:58 am

maybe you will, but im off to Oz at the end of next year so you best be quick
; )
Id love to go to MIVW in Holland with it!

I got my 2nd trophy at GTI Festival the other week, but I also got made to look a bit of a twit
Hey ho.....

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by jedi16v Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:25 am

Congrats on another trophy cheers , was gutted not to make santa pod thanks to electrical gremlins and a nasty fuel leak
jedi16v
jedi16v
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:45 am

i still felt a bit of a dick and a bit embaressed going to collect it tho. Im not one of these types that likes attention. The car parked up next to me was a real beut! '89 standard minter Golf GTI 8v- ill dig some pics out. The jetta is being wintered now

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:42 pm

I was accepted for the standard cars display at Ultimate dubs!

Bloody awesome!!

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by jedi16v Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:25 pm

Excellent news mate Very Happy
jedi16v
jedi16v
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:16 pm

im totally stoked! and a bit nervous too

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie1885! Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:08 pm

Right there boss man, have just bought golf+ and was well chuffed to see the gt on the cover, its a cracking spread they've done on you and the gt that's well deserved!:-)
Robbie1885!
Robbie1885!
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:40 pm

its been a team effort really. Thats what i like about Golf+ - its a more realistic mag and 3 of the main cars are on the front cover, and another is on the previous months issue advert page, so everyone gets a bit of extra coverage

Sarah did the car pround!
well chuffed

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie1885! Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:45 pm

I'd cometely forgotten that the gt was gonna be in it so looked at the front cover when I get home and thought 'hang on that car looks familiar' the they mentioned a fire and geese and it all clicked!lol!
Robbie1885!
Robbie1885!
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by glbootboy Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:13 pm

well done with the mag feture. good rite up.

glbootboy
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:05 pm

here are the the little peckers themselves!

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:49 pm

ive been meaning to upload these pics for a while now, but Ive been a slack bugger

These are all pics taken by Sarah Harrington-James who also wrote the article for Golf+

Please feel free to request any pics as Ive loads!

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Simeon Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:47 pm

Awesome mate, get some more rolling shots up!
Simeon
Simeon
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:00 pm

Ill sort some out for you, although that was the best

I was having a bit of a spring clean when i managed to find the documents i misplaced many moons ago.........
The service history confirms that the registration was changed at a later date (still dont know when but Ive found a receipt dated 1993 that has the GGT registration). It was originally sold from Colindale Service Station on Edgeware Road in London

I also found this GTI Engineering sheet

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:08 pm

Heres a couple of pics from Ultimate Dubs. The week before Id driven it to Bradford and back from Derby so it was ditched, but several hours of cleaning later and it looked good enough

Id also bought an old museum stand from ebay and had it painted to match the car. I know its stood on a chopping board, but thats as far as I got with it for now

If anyone took any good pics, then please post them up as im a pisspoor photographer!

I really enjoyed the show and the standard of cars blew me away yet again

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:04 pm

On another note, I did meet a chap from the Rocco club who remembers these cars being whoired about at shopping centers etc, and remembers that they were only advertised as 50 being made. I know that number is what is already beleived, but Id never seen it in print and neither had anyone else that could tell me for sure. Id only ever seen the part in the Car magazine article that referred to the first batch of 20.

It was quite odd being parked where we were because it felt that we were on the fringe of the show and there just wasnt enough cars in that hall. Im not complaining mind you, as I take it as a compliment to even have got the car in the halls in the first place

Jonney and Emily were the couple who brought the Pearl Grey 8v that was parked next to me. A really nice couple too! Loved the car as well

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:37 pm

Heres some more pics before I put it away for winter that Id forgotten about

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:38 pm

Ive finally received my cars history from the DVLA today and theres been a bit of a surprise!

09/08/86 It was first registered to a chap in Hounslow, London who bought it from Colindale Service Station, London and originally registered as C990 WLT.
31/05/88 It was then sold to a pharmacy in Wandsworth, London called Cosmolynn Ltd
16/06/88 It is then sold on to the next owner and ended up in Pinner, Middlesex
25/07/89 the same owner puts in on a private plate 696 EYU and it is relocated to Bolton
04/10/91 and it is onto the next owner and back in London in Streatham
01/10/92 and the private plate is replaced with C626 GGT . Its anyones guess if this was chosen for the GT part of the resistration or just a lucky coincidence
30/10/92 and its off to Stevenage, Hertfordshire and another new owner
20/07/95 and its sold to the next new owner, also in Stevenage
18/09/98 and its sold to the next owner in Stevenage who then moves at some point to near Bedford
01/08/09 and its mine- ALL MINE

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:42 pm

i guess the time has come when Ive realised that I will need to sell this at some point. Ive spent a small fortune on this, and I know Ill lose money, but it is the best one I know of and comes with a complete spare bodykit and a few other things too. PM me with serious offers

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:24 am

Im still a lazy swine who hasn't sorted out a proper update, but here is a major one

Out right now and its the magazine I always wanted the car featured in. There are a few exclusive pics too of the GT Specials at GTi Engineering, Silverstone taken at the time.

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9