Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY G Reg Jetta GTI 16v mk2.. Well new for me

+32
cacadoodledoo123
shinsean_jetta
1272_el_ex
07jettamk5
t-jett
dubbed_up_daz
PAB
Dirtydubber
maccadub
popeye
vwtom
theMAINman_one
Mr T
vdub_shawty
Onos
jedi16v
jon jon
Mexican
veedal
Foolish Boy
samthejettaman
venturbo
vwchaz
disco
Untitled
slammedub2007
vardo
manzi
Reaver 'Ant'
trampdrifting
Andrew
steveb
36 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

MY G Reg Jetta GTI 16v mk2.. Well new for me - Page 5 Empty Re: MY G Reg Jetta GTI 16v mk2.. Well new for me

Post by steveb Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:59 pm

well doh on the MOT but still. nearly nearly there now, gave it a quick wash today and some back to black, how does it look Very Happy shame its missed inters, but there will be other shows. a few things to do yet, mainly new rear number bar because its so bent, fit the 90 spec boot cover, the spoiler and the drivers side skirt and front arch (had to oder a new front arch as the one with the car was too damaged to put back on.

here are the pics from this afternoon.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

even if i do say so myself i think it looks awesome especially from the front Very Happy
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

MY G Reg Jetta GTI 16v mk2.. Well new for me - Page 5 Empty Re: MY G Reg Jetta GTI 16v mk2.. Well new for me

Post by venturbo Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:41 am

Sorry you cant make Inters. Maybe you will be at Santa Pod 6/7/08 ?

It will give you more time anyway to things right without rushing it.

venturbo
2.0 TFSI - 200ps!

Number of posts : 961
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:03 am

Can I have it back now please Very Happy

Andrew
Admin

Number of posts : 1072
Registration date : 2007-05-08

http://www.vpcuk.org

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:13 am

just posting a quick update with my heater control pics as there is nothing else to report. cars going in for the mot work tommorow, god knows when ill get it back

give me some time to find a few more bits tho, front arch was the wrong side from vw so should get the replacment this week then i can finally fit it and the skirt after that its just the spoiler.

just doing my head in now tho, all these snny evenings are killing m not being able to be out and about in it, will be winter before i get to drive it properly lol

here are the pics

from this

to this

steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:57 am

im so gelous steve she looks awesome im lost for words
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Number of posts : 2583
Registration date : 2007-03-05

http://www.JettaOwnersClub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by theMAINman_one Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:53 pm

thats one of the cleanest looking jetta valvers i think i've ever seen!
theMAINman_one
theMAINman_one
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:09 pm

Very Happy thanks
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Foolish Boy Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:30 pm

Good to see you've altered the sig. Now get it dropped, subtlely of course.
Foolish Boy
Foolish Boy
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by vwtom Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:28 pm

brilliant stuff!
vwtom
vwtom
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:09 pm

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i now have a fecking MOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont wanna know how much it cost, practically had all the rear brakes replaced calipers etc, plus other stuff. would have done it myself but i just wanted it on the road now as its been daft.

going to get the road tax tommorrow if i have any money left :s lol

drove home the very long way around from the MOT place, ill be honest i was shitting myself, evey time a car came the other way or i went round a corner, all i cold think was for gods sake dont stack it now lol

still seems to go around coners a tiny bit better now the arb bush's are done.

lets hope its not raining tommorrow night when i get home from work, might give me time to put the last arch and skirt on, then its only a few more bis and bobs to sort out.
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by popeye Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:28 pm

well done mate, cheers i'm made up for ya cheers , you taken your baby to santa pod this weekend.
popeye
popeye
Staff Member

Number of posts : 979
Registration date : 2008-03-09

http://ron.bremner@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:54 pm

cheers

cant make that unfortunately i went and booked a holiday aaaages ago without realising it was the same weekend DOH!!!!

lol i think ED38 will be when it gets to its first proper show, fingers crossed. should give me some time to sort out those little annoying bits i need to do.
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Foolish Boy Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:16 pm

Bet it felt ggod on the way home. Did you find yourself driving past any shop windows whilst slouchin down in a gangstar lean. war

Top work though, bet it feels good being nearly there, i'm still aiming for Ed38 for the VR'd machine. We can get some plates made up, Beauty & Beast(ly). lol!
Foolish Boy
Foolish Boy
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:52 pm

lol i like that idea :d, to be honest i went a country lane way home and i didnt dare look side ways lol hope the weather is nicer tomorrow so i can go for a cruise lol

its nice but i actually have so much to do, all the intirior all the stereo :s so much wiring for that argh lol and really i want a new boot bild if i can, and i already have to start looking at how best to lower it and a new back box, not to menion tryinng again to fit the titl and slide without scratching the car lol
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:20 am

Glad you got it through the MOT. Is the 1.8 staying for now?

Andrew
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:54 pm

yes i definately cant afford messing with engines at the moment id imagine the 1.8 will be staying for a good year or two, as long as it keeps running fine ill probably leave it alone.

been out and about in it all night, really loving it really comfy and smooth a great drive, handles fairly well has nothing on coilovers, but its so comfy im not really fussed. it really really needs lowering tho. and a proper wash.

managed to fit the arch and side skirt tonight so looking alot more complete now. if there is any sun tommorow evening, might go somewhere to take a few more pictures
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:56 pm

took a few more pics the other day, no changes as i havent had the time, struggling to get the bits i need, looking everywhere. however from the right angles it still looks great Very Happy

and heres a lowered photoshop

steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:22 pm

So, what are the future plans?

Andrew
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:16 pm

well lowering is definately in order now, but at the moment i really am skint got a few things to sort that will soak up a few more pennies. however ive got the stereo in now which sounds fairly nice.

thought id stick up these two pictures of the doors before the cards went back on.

basically my brother used to work at a garden center and gave me some thick rubber pond liner stuff so i thought why not!

Also you can see the cards are fibreglass resin'd to make them water proof to stop water damage.

seems to work well and its quite alot quieter in the cabin now which i like.

you can also see the connectors i put on for the speakers so i can remove the door cards a little easier.

finally here are some of the car at edition

also ive been browsing the mk2vr6 forum a little lately.. just thought id add that on... lol
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by maccadub Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:39 pm

Hey .. just took the time to read all 8 pages of your thread. Great persistance.Great Jetta. This, lowered, is what we all want lol

maccadub
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Foolish Boy Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:02 pm

Door cards look great, exactly what you need to get a good sound.

I'd def keep an eye for a good VR donor, can't wait to get mine in.
Foolish Boy
Foolish Boy
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mexican Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:45 am

i really like this!

it is so clean!
Mexican
Mexican
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2007-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:05 pm

Lovely motor mate ive only just got the chance to read all the threds.

Got to say top job Cool

I still havent had any luck tracking down those numberplate surrounds or clips but i will pm ya if i stumble across any.
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.dirtydubs.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:15 pm

cheers for all the positive comments people, really nice to read them all.

@jay, is yours not done yet!? lol wouldnt mind finding a rear ended carrado lol but i think im dreaming there! quite please with the cards, just need to fit my tweaters now, however im already missing my focal front speakers these rainbow things ive been sold are no where near as good Sad shame i cooked the tweaters on my focals

@mexican, cheers mate hope you liked it in the flesh at ed38, im sure everyone thought i was crazy at how much i was cleaning the stupid thing lol just imagine thats all the cleaning i do and it aint that clean imagine how much cleaning the people on the concourse to :S ps loved your wheels Very Happy

@dirtydubber cheers again bit of a mamouth read i know lol will get lots of pics up when i eventually get it lowered. the number plate surrounds are an arse, im hoping to just happen across one at the scrap yard or something

shoudlnt be long now untill i can loose my high tect boot opening strig woo! lol i just hope the solonoid never breaks or the boot will be closed forever lol. just wish i had more time to do more stuff, still got a set of 280mm breaks to fit that ive had for years...
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:30 pm

here are some pics i took today with the xenons fitted

steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next