Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mk2 Jetta Lx ... with added G60 power :)

+15
rowlesy
venturbo
07jettamk5
jedi16v
rollwithit
trampdrifting
G2t
Reaver 'Ant'
jonsie
chef
re2
Dirtydubber
acsa
Andrew
Simeon
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Mk2 Jetta Lx ... with added G60 power :) - Page 2 Empty Re: Mk2 Jetta Lx ... with added G60 power :)

Post by Dirtydubber Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:16 am

Check you out mr mach daddy Laughing . I looks great mate love it all the way! What a Face What a Face . Cant wait for the engine upgrade.........
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.dirtydubs.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Mk2 Jetta Lx ... with added G60 power :) - Page 2 Empty Re: Mk2 Jetta Lx ... with added G60 power :)

Post by Simeon Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:03 pm

I can't wait for the engine upgrade either mate Laughing feels a long way off.

Rolled both the rear arches tonight, but ran out of time to seal them etc so will do that on Monday (in London for the weekend so no working on the car unfortunately).

Cleaned up ready for rolling;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Arch roller in place;

And done - hopefully gone far enough round, was trying to retain as many holes as possible to rivet the arch back on.

Roll on Monday Smile
Simeon
Simeon
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Simeon Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:15 pm

Right, have now made up and fitted last rear brake line (brake compensator to o/s rear wheel) and secured the fuel lines (just need to buy a new fuel filter and sort out the flexi pipes to it). Finished sealing the arches too and put it back on its wheels Shocked Got a buyer for the engine and gearbox so tomorrow I'll turn the car around and strip the front end down Very Happy

Only taken 4 weeks Rolling Eyes (jobs take minutes when you plan them in your head!)

Simeon
Simeon
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:11 pm

I think someone is keeping alot under his hat at the mo! Laughing . What are the orange pipes in the bottom righthand corner of the last snap er er er come on! Far play bud its coming on great guns top work. What a Face
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Simeon Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:21 pm

Laughing I've been collecting a few performance parts over the last few months .. the orange bars are of course Eibach anti-roll bars (22mm front and 25mm rear) although I don't like the colour so they are being re-powdercoated before fitting.

Spent most of this morning tidying up the workshop - got so many bits lying around! Anyways, after that turned the Jetta around which was harder than you might think as no engine, no brakes and the yard outside the workshop isn't flat. Utilising my dad's car and careful placement of blocks of wood managed it in the end so could set about pulling the engine out Smile

Found a nice bodge on the headlight - explains why it was sat at a slightly funny angle. Hope you can still buy these adjusters

Removed the front plastic arches .. so much for my solid shell Sad Not decided what to do about this yet, don't really want to get a wing painted so will probably just weld in a section to strengthen the bottom and then cover it back up Laughing

Front bits removed;

Engine almost ready to be pulled out;

Engine out Smile Someone is coming to collect it tomorrow evening;

Got the long and boring job of cleaning the bay up now, though have to removed the subframe etc first. Looks pretty solid in there though so hopefullly won't be too bad a job. Will crack on tomorrow evening Smile
Simeon
Simeon
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Simeon Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:11 am

Stripped out most of the bay .. thinking of painting it now as there are a few bits of surface rust

Simeon
Simeon
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by G2t Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:37 pm

Nice work, am picking one up tomorrow in the same colour, already partly dismantled, but supposed to be straight, if the wings are good I`ll let you know, sure we could sort something out....
G2t
G2t
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by trampdrifting Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:23 pm

The car looks fantastic, and im glad your doing it properly. so many people are so fast to just throw the engine in and get running before sorting the more important parts out (i think i sometimes fall into that category) so im looking forward to seeing the finished result.

I would love to go to that level just with the finish alone, but not lucky enough to have the immense garage space you seem to have, just dont let the KA from the pics infect it with the deadly ford virus!
trampdrifting
trampdrifting
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Back to top Go down

Mk2 Jetta Lx ... with added G60 power :) - Page 2 Empty G60 jetta............

Post by rollwithit Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:57 pm

Hey....I'm new to forum/jetta club BUT .....i did own a jetta G60 many years ago! Ive just this last week bought myself a 91 1.8tx in white. I miss the old girl & wanted another. great to see the work ur doing. The G60 jetta i had started of as a 1988 16v with air con & leather total standard.
At the time i was workin at a vw dealers in parts, so u can emagine that i managed to get hold of some very cheap and rear bits... the car had a total respray in helious blue met and every moulding rubber & seal was replaced it looked mint....
then i went to work on the suspention & also replaced every nut bolt bush & bearing. i lowered her on eibach 60mm springs and gas shocks sitting on 15" bbs rz the stance was just right and it went around corners on rails, il def be going down that road again if i can find 60mm eibach springs

look forward to see the on going build

keep up the good work

Martin
rollwithit
rollwithit

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Simeon Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:43 am

G2t wrote:Nice work, am picking one up tomorrow in the same colour, already partly dismantled, but supposed to be straight, if the wings are good I`ll let you know, sure we could sort something out....

Coolio mate Smile Let me know.

Cheers for the other comments Smile I am very fortunate to have the amount of space I do, moved into it about a year ago and makes such a difference to working outside! Sounds like you had a minter there Martin

Just on with the engine bay at the moment, decided to weld up a few of the excess holes, but not going over the top with it.

N/s chassis leg;

Followed by a bit of welding, just two more holes on this side then clean it up and move onto the otherside;

Simeon
Simeon
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by jedi16v Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:31 pm

Top work fella, this is one of the jobs on my to do list
jedi16v
jedi16v
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:55 pm

Nice Smile I guess the battery is going in the boot?
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:55 pm

awesome this is sounding great buddy that bay gonna be de scuttled?
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Number of posts : 2583
Registration date : 2007-03-05

http://www.JettaOwnersClub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Simeon Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:01 am

Cheers guys, yeah battery is going in the boot. Bay isn't being de-scuttled though as it's going to be a daily driver. Not really going to town on the bay, just welding up a couple of the excess holes and giving it a lick of paint Smile
Simeon
Simeon
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Simeon Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:17 pm

Cleaning the engine bay is a very dull job Sad

Simeon
Simeon
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:22 am

I know it would be pain in the neck but i would strongly advise taking the front wings off, if you are intending to up the power then you will need to check the base of the A piller where the bonnet hinges bolt to the body. Late models do suffer here and if there is tin worm here then it may cause scuttle flex under heavy cornering. If you cut the black detail strip at the bottom of the wing nice and neatly you wont notice when you put the wings back on its a bit sneaky but no one will ever know. Wink . If you can fix the old wings then i would go for it as aftermarket wings are really naff and never fit properly. Dont mean to stick my nose in just hoping to help Laughing .
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Simeon Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:57 am

Cheers for the advice mate, but I can see the area you mean without removing the wings and it's all solid Smile Definitely going to try and fix up the original wings too.

Progress this week has been crap Sad Decided to do a bit on the engine as getting the 'bay ready for paint is beyond boring! Should be able to get the block and head in paint tomorrow so at least that will feel like progress ..

Engine when I pulled it from now scrapped golf;

Stuck it on the stand and started stripping it down;

Dropped the sump off so I could remove the crank - it's really clean inside so very happy about that!

Crank is fine too, though it will be measured properly. Dropped it off with my lightened flywheel etc to be balanced, will be done by middle of next week. Ordering the new bearings etc tomorrow morning so should be able to get it all built up soon Smile

Cleaned up awaiting new core plugs and paint;

Simeon
Simeon
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Simeon Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:31 pm

New core plugs and prepped for paint;

Other side too;

Have actually painted it now Smile but not got any pics yet. Looks sweet though Very Happy
Simeon
Simeon
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by 07jettamk5 Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:42 am

Nice work! geek
07jettamk5
07jettamk5
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:47 pm

Come on stop slacking you know you have to get that bay done soon! coming on nice bud cant wait to see the lump in pirat .
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by venturbo Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:19 am

Looking forward to seeing this finished.

venturbo
2.0 TFSI - 200ps!

Number of posts : 961
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Simeon Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:20 pm

Cheers guys, can't wait to get it finished Smile Unfortunately I've just bought a mk3 16v and my mate is dropping his (knackered) mk2 16v round this weekend ... I think you can see where this is going ... Jetta will be taking a back seat for a couple of weeks.

Yesterday I collected my freshly balanced bottom end and all the new bearings and seals arrived too so will get the engine built up soon. Also dropped a load of bits off at the powdercoaters last week so it is sort of coming together, just need to get the engine bay painted then the fun of bolting it back together can commence .. soonish I hope.
Simeon
Simeon
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Simeon Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:40 pm

Pic of the engine, pretty pleased with how it turned out - got about 30 hours in preping and painting the block so would be pretty annoyed if it hadn't turned out well Laughing

Simeon
Simeon
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by rowlesy Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:26 pm

nice wheels!
rowlesy
rowlesy
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:22 pm

Dito Wink We are all looking in the background on this project Laughing
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next