Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY G Reg Jetta GTI 16v mk2.. Well new for me

+32
cacadoodledoo123
shinsean_jetta
1272_el_ex
07jettamk5
t-jett
dubbed_up_daz
PAB
Dirtydubber
maccadub
popeye
vwtom
theMAINman_one
Mr T
vdub_shawty
Onos
jedi16v
jon jon
Mexican
veedal
Foolish Boy
samthejettaman
venturbo
vwchaz
disco
Untitled
slammedub2007
vardo
manzi
Reaver 'Ant'
trampdrifting
Andrew
steveb
36 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

MY G Reg Jetta GTI 16v mk2.. Well new for me - Page 3 Empty Re: MY G Reg Jetta GTI 16v mk2.. Well new for me

Post by steveb Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:27 pm

some pics from lastnight

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

MY G Reg Jetta GTI 16v mk2.. Well new for me - Page 3 Empty Re: MY G Reg Jetta GTI 16v mk2.. Well new for me

Post by steveb Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:51 pm

so heres the thing i bought on ebay the other day, for the grand total of £30!!!!

Its a HID Xenon headlight from an audi TT with all the bits, buy one from audi and it would cost you somewhere in the region of £300. ive also paid for another one on ebay for a total £60 that has yet to arrive, so the total for the two is £90 just waiting on the other.

so the idea is basically you take the HID projector and lense out, take out the halogen projector from my rally lights, do some modifications then put the HID bits into the rallye headlights. then all i have to do is get healight washers and see if i can get them to self level to be legal. but even if i cant there wont be any glare issues like you can get with just putting a hid bulb in, so much better!

so here are some pics of taking it apart which i did this afternnon after picking it up from DHL

After unbolting the hid projector i quickly realised if i wanted to get any wiring and any of the other electrical componants out of it you had to remove the glass, luckily after removing 4 clips the glue gave way pretty easily with some prising apart with a screwdriver

after that was off, it was just a case of getting to the back of the light where all the HID bits are. so you have to remove the indicator reflector and the mainbeam / dipped beam atachment thingime.

this picture shows a black box screwed in with the electrics coming from it, another black box which is the electric headlight level adjuster and the wiring loom

and this is what its all for, the complete HID Setup never knew the black box part exisited, thought all that would be contained in the silver part, and also the black box doesnt look water proof so going to have to find somewhere inside the headlight to fit that :S mounting the boxs will be the hardest bit as the conversion is pretty straight forward!

also took the fog lamp from the headlight incase i could use it for something

will have to wait untill my car gets MOT'ed before i do the conversion tho because i dont know if it will pass with them fitted. and that could be aaaaages... sob...
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by samthejettaman Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:55 pm

very clever stuff man i like the idea and i fink i will have to try that!
samthejettaman
samthejettaman
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-12-25

http://www.jettaownersclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Foolish Boy Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:28 pm

I have a pukka mk2 big bumper with headlamp washers and washer bottle, wiring etc. I've decided i'm not going to use that S2 MC either if your still on the look out for one.

I'm going to have to step up the work on mine to stay on the pace.
Foolish Boy
Foolish Boy
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:50 pm

how much do you want for the washers etc mate? not decided what im doing with that yet but if they are in good nick might get them anyway!

and how much for the MC?
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by manzi Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:01 am

nice idea. i just put HID kit on mine without mods. only thing i had to do was get headlamp levelers to dip them so they're not shinying too high. had em on for a while now. no complaints. although i have to rip them out for MOT times.
manzi
manzi
Staff Member

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:54 pm

currently thinking about ways to mount the boxes to he back of the headlight, i can see this causeing me some headaches lol might see if a friend of mine can fabricate me something from steel will require some serious thought i think
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by veedal Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:28 pm

That's some amount of work your putting in to it buddy,cant wait to see the end result.
veedal
veedal
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by manzi Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:13 pm

steveb - your gunna have to write a how to thread if you haven't killed yourself in doin it Very Happy
manzi
manzi
Staff Member

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:54 am

lol!, got the other lense through a few days ago so and have taken that apart, just annoys me ive gotta get an mot with the halogen lamps before i do the conversion otherwise id be doing it right now lol.

anyway.. on to some more pics from the bodyshop, woo!

and this final pic shows the bottom rear behind the bumper, its been done in a special stone chip protective stuff that should protect it from ever going rusty

its in its first coat of primer i believe so hopefully not too long before they put some colour on it!
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mexican Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:32 pm

This is lookin so good!!
great build thread dude!!!

Rallye lights with TT HIDs are great mods, and easy to do!!

you seen the DIY guide on ed38 for the TT HID conversion??
Mexican
Mexican
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2007-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:45 pm

yeah saw the thread cheers mate, one of the reasons ive decided to finally do it. altho ive known you can do it for quite some time.

cant wait to get it back now just iching to get it on the road!
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by venturbo Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:28 pm

Things progressing well Steve.

venturbo
2.0 TFSI - 200ps!

Number of posts : 961
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by samthejettaman Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:12 pm

its doin good man cant wit to see her done!
samthejettaman
samthejettaman
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-12-25

http://www.jettaownersclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Wed May 14, 2008 11:55 pm

a few more pics from my phone from the other night not too much difference but getting there

notice anything missing here excluding the glass?

hint two things are missing

think i may need to get the duster out when i get it back lol

steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Foolish Boy Fri May 16, 2008 6:16 pm

Is it going to be ready for Inters? What are your final plans for her? Wheel swap and subtle drop or leave as stock apart from the front end.
Foolish Boy
Foolish Boy
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Fri May 16, 2008 8:06 pm

have some bbs RM's to go on that are painted in flip silver with polished lip (very nice)

a few gizmos elecrically, probably a slight drop in the future. ebach ARB's a stainless backbox then maybe full system, if the engine ever gives up it will probably get a 2.0li, the headlights 280mm brakes

want it to look nice and standard with a few little tweaks.

will see how things progress and how much cash i have but i know ill never have it finished because ill keep changing my mind lol
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Fri May 16, 2008 8:08 pm

it has to be done by 12th june because my mot runs out on my current car and i need a car to drive lol.

not sure if ill go to inters that show went sh*t when i moved from the TRL
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon May 19, 2008 3:10 pm

You have done away with the holes where the ariel should be and a wiper??

Andrew
Admin

Number of posts : 1072
Registration date : 2007-05-08

http://www.vpcuk.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Mon May 19, 2008 7:54 pm

you goin single wiper bud? when we gonna see the ole girl on a stand lookin forward to that its comin on leaps and bounds im so glad you bought her buddy she went to the perfect home
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Number of posts : 2583
Registration date : 2007-03-05

http://www.JettaOwnersClub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Mon May 19, 2008 11:13 pm

nope not single wiper altho you are right andy, 90 spec mk2's have a third whiper hole which is a spare (its where the left hand driver whipers go, so thats gone still two wipers just not three holes, not a fan of single whipers. and yes the hole for the areal is gone as 16v's have a bee sting areal anyway on the roof so why have a usless gromet in the wing Very Happy

glad you like it reaver im expecting some kind of paint on it this week or next so hopefully it will be on the road within a month

here is what was here before

steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mexican Tue May 20, 2008 7:36 pm

This needs to be on the road pronto dude!!

lookin quite sick!!

great build!!
Mexican
Mexican
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2007-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Foolish Boy Tue May 20, 2008 7:53 pm

This will look proper when everything is done. What width RM's have you got? A bit of depth on the rims and a subtle drop will make it perfect.

Pity your unsure about Inters, personally I go for the camping and the show, I always find the atmosphere on the campsite really good and theres enough motors to look at on the day. Its a pity about the price though.

I'm sure you'll get more than enough positive feedback to make it worthwhile and with current petrol prices its a good job it did move from the TRL.

Anyway i'll need someone to give me tow after I blow mine up on the strip. Razz
Foolish Boy
Foolish Boy
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Wed May 21, 2008 12:02 am

lol, ive only got standard RM's only a small dish but there pretty smart, i do want a nice deep dish but im in no hurry

ill be doing edition 38 which i enjoy a lot, and after the cars done im sure ill do as many shows as i can lol will just have to see what happens
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by jon jon Wed May 21, 2008 6:36 am

Looking Good matey Smile

jon jon

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next