Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dirtydubbers Resto Corner MK2 Jetta 8v GTI.

+37
Jettameister
cacadoodledoo123
willber
Robbie1885!
mart gx
jchn_smith
kai-khan
Simeon
jetta88
1984mk1
glbootboy
acsa
FUNK JUNKIES
chazmcdonald
Geeman
Mozza
rowlesy
jettamk2
Mr T
dicko120
popeye
MrBlues
G40chris
Reaver 'Ant'
fuddyboi
07jettamk5
re2
jettafan
stari23
wiggy
bodyinboot
steveb
jedi16v
venturbo
T
samthejettaman
Dirtydubber
41 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Dirtydubbers Resto Corner MK2 Jetta 8v GTI. - Page 10 Empty Re: Dirtydubbers Resto Corner MK2 Jetta 8v GTI.

Post by Dirtydubber Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:38 pm

Hi everyone we really need your help we have had a little hick up with are rear bumper and i looks like we wont be getting a new one after all Mad Mad . So we are a bit stuck we really need to find a big bumper for this project and fast as its already cost us nearly six weeks build time Doh! I really didnt think it was going to be this hard to find one but in are local area there is nothing so were hoping you guys and gals can help? There is cash waiting it doesnt matter what colour it is just as long as its got a good plastic top half (the textured bit) and its complete with bumper irons. Then we can move on and get the final bits sent off for paint then get a Mot on it!! bounce bounce Please help us out cheers everyone.
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.dirtydubs.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Dirtydubbers Resto Corner MK2 Jetta 8v GTI. - Page 10 Empty Re: Dirtydubbers Resto Corner MK2 Jetta 8v GTI.

Post by Dirtydubber Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:56 pm

Grrrr does anyone know of the where about of a 90spec rear bumper?
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:57 pm

The hunt continues scratch study
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by jedi16v Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:25 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Not sure if this link will work computers aren't my greatest skill, but would this be any good?
jedi16v
jedi16v
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:20 pm

Thanks Jedi we have already sent emails to this company but you only get the rear bumper plastic not the internal bumper bar or the irons to fix it to the car Mad . This makes it not far off the price of a genuine item, plus we really need the other bits as the previous owner of this jetta had totally screwed this bumper up quite literally!! It was refitted to the car with wood screws! Laughing . Thanks anyway bud i really do appreciate it. It might be worth mentioning to others on here that you can purchase the same outer plastic skin from Eurowagens for just over 70squids not bad really.

Again cheers Jedi.
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:16 pm

A big thanks goes out to all of the peeps on here that have given us help in trying to find a good rear bumper for this project but at the moment the hunt goes on, we will get there soon im sure of it. Anyway on with the up dates, next is the breather system there seems to be alot of conflict about how to deal with this problem but we will show you how we do it and you can make your minds up from there. As far as we are concerned the 2e needs a crank case breather and yes i agree you can just vent this to air but this will leave three problems 1: After a few weeks you will start to leave oil were ever you park. 2: If you drive hard and corner hard you will blow small amounts of oil out of the breather which will in turn lower your oil level. 3: The vehicle will idol low and lumpy as it will need a small amount of crank case pressure this in turn will make setting up the new engine almost impossible. In short you need it! So here's are tryed and tested breather system. First we needed to sort the Idol stabilization valve (isv) this got the usual detail with abit of a polish and some marine grey.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then we modified the 2e rocker cover breather box, This is easy just separate the square cover from the breather box like this.

Then we ordered a new PB vent pipe and click clip.

I think you can guess were we are going with this. We then used a section of pipe from a Range rovers breather system cut it to size and connected one end to the 2e's factory cast plastic breather pipe then the other to the breather on the rocker cover. We find this gives a almost factory finish and it also keeps the crank case gases going were they would on a stock 2L engine, not directly into the intake system as alot of people chose. So here it is all fitted we also poped a set of G60 HT leads, Bosch super 4's and new Beru rotor arm and cap on at this point.

We also fitted the expansion bottle and screen wash bottle.

And test fitted the battery so we could finish fitting the new modified earth cable and the rest of the electrics.

Just when you thought you had finally got through all the pics heres some more Laughing Just of odd bits around the bay really.

Dont know why i just really like the last one (i really do need to talk to somebody! Laughing ). Finally the completed bay.

I will stop there but i will be back soon with the last part of the puzzle the rad! Then we could fire her up cheers . Cheers for reading sorry if it was a touch boring. Alex.

Last edited by Dirtydubber on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Simeon Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:21 am

Not boring at all mate, loving this build. Excellent work as usual Smile
Simeon
Simeon
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by acsa Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:15 pm

As above, really strong work & loving every post. Dude your an inspiration Laughing
acsa
acsa
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jedi16v Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:47 am

Amazing as always Smile
jedi16v
jedi16v
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:12 pm

Thanks so much guys it means alot, it really does. Sorry for the lack of updates, sounds stupid but the bumper issue is taking up most of my time at the moment. The car is finished really just the simple last minute items to go - mot, fluid changes etc etc. So it really is the last piece of the puzzle its become a bit frustrating really but hay hoo. My deepest appologise go out to Jettafan i never expected it to be so hard to get hold of what was such a simple part to find a couple of years ago if i knew it was going to take this long i would of started looking half way through the build ohwell hindsight is wonderfull thing. Well keep your eyes peeled we will be back very soon. Thanks again peeps.
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Simeon Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:27 pm

Doesn't Geeman on Edition38 have a couple of bumpers? Think he has a decent one without the bumper iron and another with the bumper iron that has a hole cut for a towbar .. surely can make one good one out of the two? Smile
Simeon
Simeon
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:36 pm

Yer im waiting on pics from the said Geeman but no word as of yet. I do get the impression he is a very busy man so i will give him time. We have had some other people get in touch but again nothing defo yet.
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Simeon Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:44 pm

Fair enough, hopefully you'll get hold of one soon then Smile
Simeon
Simeon
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:16 pm

Do you know much about Geeman he seems quite a nice guy but im abit new to e38?
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Simeon Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:30 pm

Never met the guy, all I know is he seems to get through more Jettas than I have hot dinners Laughing

Seen these? \/

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Simeon
Simeon
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:46 pm

Weve had a chat with these guys but it still leaves us without bumper irons. The irons seem to be the hard bit to get as they are no longer available from anyone!
I know what you mean about Geeman i think it been 13 now? i think?
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by kai-khan Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:28 am

just a thort can you use the irons from a golf?
kai-khan
kai-khan
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by jchn_smith Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:53 pm

wow top work looks class, im pulling to my jetta gti to bits in the next few weeks and dont need the big bumpers as were going for smalls on the coupe so if you still need the bumper and irons email me and ill send you some pics
cheers john

jchn_smith

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:51 pm

kai-khan wrote:just a thort can you use the irons from a golf?

Bloody close but there are just to short Mad . Cheers bud.
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:53 pm

jchn_smith wrote:wow top work looks class, im pulling to my jetta gti to bits in the next few weeks and dont need the big bumpers as were going for smalls on the coupe so if you still need the bumper and irons email me and ill send you some pics
cheers john

Thanks for that bud welcome to the club. Still need one Were you located?

Smile
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by jchn_smith Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:00 pm

im from newcastle upon tyne but can normaly post stuff through work fairly cheap so could do that if i would help ill get some pics if you send me your email ill send some over to save messing up your thread

cheers john

jchn_smith

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mart gx Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:43 pm

just read this in a 1 'er !

wowsers

Shocked
mart gx
mart gx
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:20 pm

jchn_smith wrote:im from newcastle upon tyne but can normaly post stuff through work fairly cheap so could do that if i would help ill get some pics if you send me your email ill send some over to save messing up your thread

cheers john

Pm sent your way thanks bud. bounce
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:48 pm

Right then we are still looking for that ruddy rear bumper Mad but we may have a few people in the mix now so hopefully we will get there soon. We have had loads of response from people on here, jchn_smith and some on edition Geeman and benL so fingers crossed we will nail this i would like to give a big thank you to everyone who has helped especially the guys mentioned above Very Happy . Plus i will put a update on very very soon, promise, sorry for being so slack Rolling Eyes . Again thanks Alex @ Dirtydubs.
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:19 pm

Finger crossed we have sorted the problem with the bumper Cool but more on that later cheers . On with the updates the only thing that was needed before starting her up for the first time was coolant/antifreeze but for that we needed the rad. The old rad was toast as it was the factory fitted item and had sprung quite a few leaks so that went in the bin along time ago but we also had issues with this lot..... Well just look at it.

Its fairly safe to say that wasnt going anywhere near the car like that. So it was time to hit it with the detailing stick, as always the acid etch Wink .

I wont bore you with all the other little bits i will just cut to the case and show the finished pile of bits waiting for assembly.

Again we tryed to put as much stainless on as possible so we refitted the fan with new nuts.

Then the rubber flaps Laughing at the back of the fan housing.

We couldnt get stainless bolts to hold the fan housing to the rad so we gave the old ones a good clean then painted them.

Then finally it was just a case of refitting the electrics to the fan and fan switch (yes that is a genuine vag brown ziptie holding the electrics in place Shocked i really need a holiday).

This left us with the finished fan and rad assembly ready to go in.

With the help of the 1800 top and bottom hose and detailed clips.

we could get it fitted and topped up with Vw's finest G12+.

Other than alot of smoke from all the paint that cooked and some ticking from the tappets she run for the first time with no problems at all cheers . We have taken some vids of it catching its first breath but there really not that exciting if i have enough photobucket space left then i will post one up. This was a great moment but one that im always nervous about i never know why because i check everthing over and over again but i always like an engine to fire for the first time with as much ease as possible. We ran the engine in short burst to start with as we didnt want to over heat all the painted areas to quickly plus it lets us get air out of the water system quickly. Well let me know if you would like a vid or two but for now im going to leave it at that, next is getting the exterior and interior rebuilt Razz . As always hope you like and thanks for reading. Alex.
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next