Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello and advice needed!

2 posters

Go down

Hello and advice needed! Empty Hello and advice needed!

Post by jpuv Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:59 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been looking at and debating this car for a while but there are a few things I need to clear up. This is the car:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As I am going to have a commute of about 35 mins in my new job I was wondering on how reliable a twin carb conversion will be come rain, come shine? Do the cars generally have a rot problem and if so where? I was also wondering If I wanted to spec up this engine what options would be there and how much extra power could I get out of it?

Any other comments also greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Jack

jpuv

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-05-19

Back to top Go down

Hello and advice needed! Empty Re: Hello and advice needed!

Post by jedi16v Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:44 am

Hello and welcome, carbs can be high maintenance if not kept in fine tune, regarding rot check all the usuals sills, jacking points etc mk2's worst spots are behind the fuel filler flap, behind the top to the wings at the start of the A pillars and around the bottom of the windscreen, only thing that could really be done to the enigine is a 2.0 bottom end but considering its running 190+ already this would only really improve the torque, hope this helps Wink
jedi16v
jedi16v
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Back to top Go down