Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi New and need advice please

2 posters

Go down

Hi New and need advice please Empty Hi New and need advice please

Post by hushpuppy7 Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:45 pm

Hi all,

I am hoping to become the proud owner of a '06 Jetta, 2l TDI Auto Sport. It has covered 25K miles, and has had two VW services, the last at 18K miles nearly 2 years ago.

I am looking at it this weekend and wondered if members could help with the following questions:

1. Anything I need to look out for
2. I will probably have to service it, any ideas wha this will cost and is there anything that must be done on this service (belt change etc)
3. How do you rate this car.
4. Was there any recalls, and how do I know if they have been carried out?

Very many thanks

hushpuppy7

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Back to top Go down

Hi New and need advice please Empty Re: Hi New and need advice please

Post by Dirtydubber Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:14 am

1. Nothing at that age although a have heard that the front inner wings can go rusty but if you get your local vw dealer to carry out a corrosion inspection then you will be covered under the 10 year body warranty so thats all good!

2. Best to go to the delear and ask what service it is due for as services on modern VAGs are time or millage so it could be cheap one or it my not?

3 Very well the engine is fab! The handling is a bit soft but then its a modern car so you have to live with that! A little pricey on parts also a cambelt change is a bit dear, but again its a modern car (im probably the worst person to ask really as i refuse to drive anything newer than 92! lol)

4. Not to sure on the jettas the last recall was to do with golfs, i think? Again check this sort of stuff with the stealers hu hum dealers they will be able to fill you in they wont charge you for your question so get the reg of the car your interested in and go to them first. Hope that helps. Alex @ Dirtydubs.
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.dirtydubs.co.uk

Back to top Go down