Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ive had another Golf with a boot....

+4
t-jett
Andrew
Foolish Boy
steveb
8 posters

Go down

Ive had another Golf with a boot.... Empty Ive had another Golf with a boot....

Post by steveb Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:27 pm

Kind of a big Boot i dont really know what this counts as lol

here are some pics

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Im Pretty pleased with it. its an s reg 90bhp TDI CL 1 owner form new with 51000 on the clock its almost mint except for one dent in the drivers wing that might push out. and the headliner is shafted due to carrying big dogs in the back (it does smell a bit too lol)

however it should clean up fantasic got big planns for some T-cut at the weekend! also going to fit my BBS RA's to it which should smarten it up a bit.

as its a CL its basic spec but does have all round electric windows, power steering air bag and a few other goodies

what do you think?
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Ive had another Golf with a boot.... Empty Re: Ive had another Golf with a boot....

Post by Foolish Boy Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:37 pm

Brilliant cars, bullet proof and will do a million miles to the gallon. You'll need some 280mm brakes though as they don't stop. My semi retired MK3 TDi has doen 163000 and never had a cambelt change!
Foolish Boy
Foolish Boy
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Back to top Go down

Ive had another Golf with a boot.... Empty Re: Ive had another Golf with a boot....

Post by steveb Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:55 pm

lol i was just about to post, went for my first proper drive tonight, those brakes are terrible!!

any info on whats on them standard jay? i dont want to splash out on another set of 280's any others worth fitting mk3 gti brakes etc?

have to admit tho, its quick as feck for a mk3 lol im really suprised how quick it is well chuffed in fact. i was dreading a sluggish frustrating drive, but ive overtaken a car already no problems Smile

should keep the cost down for the comute to work thats for sure! (if i can keep my modding tendacies in control lol)
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Foolish Boy Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:23 pm

If you find some, use Millers Diesel Power Plus, its great stuff and improves the economy and responsivness. Although at that mileage it ain't even run in!

Standard early fitment was 256 solids, my mate with a 97 Vento TDi has 256 vented but you're carrying as much weight as a VR upfront so its never going to be good.

For real world driving, the TDI 90's are underated tools. 170ftlb from 2k-ish! Only thing is the wastegate on the turbo opens at 4k, you'll feel it go flat, so any more than 110mph is out of the question but it'll sit there all day.

I'm missing my Dub wagon, seriously thinking about ditching the BM and going for a Passat Syncro V6.

Buy my Stroseks! It'll look the bomb.
Foolish Boy
Foolish Boy
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Foolish Boy Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:26 pm

You can really tell a difference when its cold too. Front mounted IC or I could cobble together a charge cooler, then some Transporter injector tips.......

Search for VR6 cars on ebay, look at the green tdi that comes up and watch the videos. Something else.
Foolish Boy
Foolish Boy
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:03 am

Nice ride - looking forward to the 'mods' Smile

Andrew
Admin

Number of posts : 1072
Registration date : 2007-05-08

http://www.vpcuk.org

Back to top Go down

Post by t-jett Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:11 pm

Just one more for the collection. I can see the need to move a few. Look forward to seeing it
t-jett
t-jett
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by popeye Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:48 pm

get a vento front on it. put vento badges on the tailgate and confuse a lot of people. lol! lol!
popeye
popeye
Staff Member

Number of posts : 979
Registration date : 2008-03-09

http://ron.bremner@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fil1973 Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:01 pm

popeye wrote:get a vento front on it. put vento badges on the tailgate and confuse a lot of people. lol! lol!

why not,

be the first uk vento estate, lol! Very Happy drivin
fil1973
fil1973
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by maccadub Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:43 pm

Theres a girl and guy with a black mk3 estate with vento front and 3 piece schmidts .. think it has just been broken tho! Get the badges on for sure.. then you'll have the 'phattest' booty on here Razz

maccadub
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by vwtom Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:49 pm

look forward to seeing this one if your mk2's anything to go by. what are the plans? using it as a daily?
vwtom
vwtom
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:25 pm

yeah its a daily just looking into stuff i can do i dont think ill do much cosmetically i need to save cash really, but ill definatly be looking around for some confort features. electric mirrors and such lol id love to play with it in regards to front ends wheels suspension and so on, but i really need to save all my cash for the jetta that still needs lowering, ,and that vr6 engine isnt going to buy itself lol...

but ill post some pics after ive polsihed it and fitted the RA's, and keep you updated if i change anything else Smile
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Foolish Boy Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:10 pm

I know a 2.9VR thats going for about £250...........

Keep the Jetta a 16v though, there aren't many original ones left.

I've got an air con setup for a mk3 in the garage. Laughing
Foolish Boy
Foolish Boy
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:01 am

lol dont tell me that 250? is it your setup? how comeplete is it for a conversion would be kind of hard to turn down..... ill keep the 16v so it could always be converted back.

also dont want to run wide track want to keep it standard

im temped with the air con setup lol
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Foolish Boy Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:28 pm

Nope its not mine and its not complete, TBH if you were to go this route there plenty of complete VR avail on ebay. if I were to do it again, i'd def get a complete conversion as it takes ages to track down all the little bits.

Air con setup £80. Need the space.
Foolish Boy
Foolish Boy
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down