Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mk2 Jetta and First Dub

3 posters

Go down

Mk2 Jetta and First Dub Empty Mk2 Jetta and First Dub

Post by Drummond Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:06 pm

hello, this is my first dub and, having loved the look of Jettas for ages i decided to bide my time when i was looking for a new car until i found one and after a spur of the moment check on autotrader i found this Jetta TX 4+E, 80k on the clock for £340, seen it next day and bought it. it's been a love/hate relationship since then - i love it and my girlfriend hates it. what does she know though, she drives a Ka....i'll say no more about that.

so yeah, here's a fw pics of when i first bought it and when i got some parts from my bro's old golf on it. sadly being a student has the downside that i cant afford alot of new things for it so until my student loan comes through or i save up for it the rust'll have to wait to be resprayed and the coilovers will be but a dream. not to mention a new exhaust and all the other things i want to do to it!

When i first got it:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After changing a few parts:badgelss grille, Borbett C's , clear front indicators and a general wash, polish and a bit of trim detailer....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

that's the story so far, a few subtle changes and alot of plans but no money. gonna be drivin to Vagfest in ayr up here in scotland on the first of july so if you're heading there give me a shout and i'll keep an eye out for you. hopefully by then i'll have pressed plates to replace the shabby old ones i've got the now.

cheers!

also! can anyone fill me in on any thigns that were specific to the TX 4+e compared to the others? so far i've got that it has a ski hatch, which was a suprise to me when i pulled the arm rest down and found what looks like a bodybag. any help would be appreciated.

cheers again.

Drummond

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-06-21

Back to top Go down

Mk2 Jetta and First Dub Empty Re: Mk2 Jetta and First Dub

Post by Andrew Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:16 pm

I like what you have done with it. I will have some pi lowering springs forsale from this weekend that may be of interest to you too Smile

Andrew
Admin

Number of posts : 1072
Registration date : 2007-05-08

http://www.vpcuk.org

Back to top Go down

Mk2 Jetta and First Dub Empty Re: Mk2 Jetta and First Dub

Post by mrrawle Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:22 pm

hey man where'd you get your front end from? loving it
mrrawle
mrrawle
1.6 TDI - 105ps!