Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ring Of Hell

+7
customjetta
kingsmith
Mrs Olive
popeye
stari23
venturbo
trampdrifting
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ring Of Hell Empty Ring Of Hell

Post by trampdrifting Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:08 pm

If anyone has any more information on this then add below as i don't really know a great deal about it, but the M25 Ring of Hell meet running through the night of the 1st November (saturday) until the early hours of the sunday morning i think.

If anyone know's more or is already going please post below!
trampdrifting
trampdrifting
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Back to top Go down

Ring Of Hell Empty Re: Ring Of Hell

Post by trampdrifting Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:08 pm

Fancy dress for people AND the cars!
trampdrifting
trampdrifting
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by venturbo Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:33 am

This is a copy from Edition 38.

I will be going with Trampy. Hope some of you can make it would be good to have a convoy of Booties drivin

Ok guys n gals its officially Dub-Londons birthday come December and we've luckily been going strong with all our meets and cruises. So as a celebration this midnight cruise has been organised to fit the occasion and hopefully a bonanza of an event to end the show season of 2008.

"Road to Hell" Midnight 'Ring run, fancy dress for both drivers and cars is optional but we will be awarding prizes for best dressed drivers and cars, which i'm pleased to say has been sponsored by Kam Ice.

Please remember we will be travelling on Britain's busiest Motorway (even in the wee small hours) so make sure anything stuck on you cars will stay on, and that any costumes don't hinder driving.

DETAILS:
Date: 1st November
Time: 11pm latest

Be fuelled (car and driver/passengers) and ready to go at 12am leave dead on the stroke of Midnight (capes a-flapping Dracula style!).

* PLEASE PRINT A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING DETAILS *

Be aware of the times posted, which are based on the highyway road speeds (Cruisers based on averae 60-70mph speeds). Therefore anyone racing off like a bat should wait at the stops for the cruisers to catch up. So please be aware of times we leave each stop so you know how long to wait OR if to bypass cos your driving tooooooo slow!

30min to: South Mimms Services: EN6 3QQ 35miles : leave 12:40am

30min to: Heston Services (M4): TW5 9NB 33miles : leave 1:20am

30min to: Clackett Lane Services (M25): TN16 2ER : leave 2:00am

45min to: Bluewater DA9 9ST 20 miles : leave 2:50am (only 5min stop)

10min to: Thurrock Services RM16 3BG 10 Miles 10miles.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it will be about 2hrs 15 on the road, add 10 mins "comfort break" per stop (x3) and 5 minutes @ Bluewater to get everyone left together for the Tunnel run back to Dartford, so allow about it 3hrs all in.

The Bluewater stop will be to marshall all the cars together in one group for one last en-masse push through Dartford Tunnels Please don't race off after Bluewater.

We aim to have the prize presentations at Dartford at the end of the event, and judging will run throughout. However, to win you have to be at the final stop.

Please remember this is not a "race" and the organisers advise you to observe the speed limits and laws of the highway at all times. If people drive lairy then police will only be too glad to stop all of us. Even if not then accidents may occur. Even at the last cruise we set the rules but people were being ignorant towards any instruction and driving like crazy cutting people up and what not, which further other dubbers.

venturbo
2.0 TFSI - 200ps!

Number of posts : 961
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by stari23 Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:15 pm

sounds like fun will try and make it
stari23
stari23
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by popeye Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:16 pm

it's a deffo. get your names down, should be a good night.  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin  cruizin   lol!  lol!
popeye
popeye
Staff Member

Number of posts : 979
Registration date : 2008-03-09

http://ron.bremner@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Olive Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:38 am

Come on all you southerners!! Get your names down. After speaking to Venturbo last night, this seems like a really good event, approx 150-200 cars. Me and Popeye are travelling down from North Wales so if we can make it, I'm sure some of you local ones can too. It would be nice to meet some of the newer faces and, of course, meet up with some of the oldies again too!! We're probably gonna be meeting up with Venturbo and Trampy so if there's any one else coming, we could maybe arrange another little meet closer to Dartford. Also, this would make a good opportunity to get the club name out there a bit more. As we've seen from the summer shows, we do get a good response and we want more cars on the club stands for the shows next year don't we??? Twisted Evil
Hope to see some of your names down soon, don't forget it's this weekend so we haven't got long.
Onoriode get your name down!!!!  lol! drivin queen
Mrs Olive
Mrs Olive
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by kingsmith Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:06 pm

YEEE i will be there in my cruizin cruzing down with wiggy so two more for it cheers
kingsmith
kingsmith
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by trampdrifting Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:51 pm

Well it seems like we may be leaving in group from Abingdon so if Stari23 and anyone else want to start from here with us then let us know!
trampdrifting
trampdrifting
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by venturbo Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:07 pm

Get your names down peeps.
As Olive mentioned last year they expected 40 - 60 cars and over 150 turned up and this year there expecting more Smile.
Would be really good to meet more new faces.

I think reading through the posts on ED38 that Golf+ or/and other Magazines are going to cover this event and going to be filmed. Cool.

Copy and paste and then add your names - Thanks.

1. TRAMPDRIFTING in VENTUBO'S Vento.
2. VENTURBO the above.
3. POPEYE/OLIVE in Bora.
4. STARI23 in Jetta.
5. KINGSMITH in Jetta.
6. WIGGY in Jetta.

Last edited by venturbo on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

venturbo
2.0 TFSI - 200ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by venturbo Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:19 pm

Bump

venturbo
2.0 TFSI - 200ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by customjetta Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:31 am

Sounds like a good night, I will definately try and make this one! It'd be good to get all the Jetta's together as a group, Jetta convoy!
customjetta
customjetta
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Olive Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:04 am

Well is anyone else joining our little group for tonight then???? You're gonna miss out!!!!!!!!! bounce bounce bounce
queen
Mrs Olive
Mrs Olive
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr T Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:46 am

Well.... How was it?

Mr T
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by stari23 Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:47 pm

apart from some minor f**k ups it was a really good night shame more couldnt make it.
stari23
stari23
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by popeye Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:59 pm

all in all it was a good night/morning. 5 miles short of 700 mile round trip. i think that all the club members that attended enjoyed it.
popeye
popeye
Staff Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Foolish Boy Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:00 pm

popeye wrote:all in all it was a good night/morning. 5 miles short of 700 mile round trip. i think that all the club members that attended enjoyed it.

Respect to that! Any pics?
Foolish Boy
Foolish Boy
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by popeye Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:15 pm

i think only wiggy from our group took pics, no doubt he'll put them on very soon.thanks for your comment JAY, just a pity not everyone else has the same enthusiasm cheersRing Of Hell 002-9
popeye
popeye
Staff Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Foolish Boy Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:19 pm

When I have a car that runs then maybe things will be different. Its not that long till UD.
Foolish Boy
Foolish Boy
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by wiggy Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:45 am

That was a good night and i enjoyed it a lot its just a pitty that there was such a lot of UNORGANISED caooooos im terebilly sorry for the 2 jettas and clio that got lost to the first stop Crying or Very sad (the wrong way around) I tryed to ring a few times but didn't came thru I was 1 of a very few cars that didn't run a turbo but did manage to keep up and a few londoners was suprised by that but good in its own way :DD:Not a lot off pics but the clio passenger took that much i thought it was thundering lol!
wiggy
wiggy
2.0 TFSI - 200ps!

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by venturbo Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:24 pm

Popeye,Olive,Wiggy,Engela and others thanks for traveling such along way for this it was great to see you all and for the others we missed there a big thanks to you too.
The start was a bit of a farse but we did meet eventually.

Wiggy your car did a fantastic job on the night (as always) and amazed all there i think.

venturbo
2.0 TFSI - 200ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by trampdrifting Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:27 pm

Ditto! It was a great night apart from us getting a bit lost with all the directions, but hey we made it and stayed until the end! I didn't half sleep the following day. Apparently there is going to be another one christmas sort of time so hopefully a few more of us can get together for that! Smile
trampdrifting
trampdrifting
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by trampdrifting Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:30 pm

And Also i give my respect to Ron (Popeye) for even after recieving 3 fines for his plates he continues to fly the German flag, and narrowly escaping another fine at Heston as the copper seemed to be in a good mood Smile
trampdrifting
trampdrifting
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by wiggy Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:21 pm

thanx for the comments Venturbo and i have a lot off FAITH in my car perhaps because i do all myself lol!
wiggy
wiggy
2.0 TFSI - 200ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by wiggy Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:13 pm

Oh i forgot a bit about the fuel consumption i used about 45 notes there and back (and a lot off the way we wasn't keeping to 60,on the M25, other wise we wouldn't have kept up with the turbo boys ) so i dont think myne did to bad what was the others fuel like?
wiggy
wiggy
2.0 TFSI - 200ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by customjetta Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:34 am

Balls! Completely forgot this was happening, time flys when your busy as fook! hope those that made had fun, looks like you did. Hope to catch up on the next one
customjetta
customjetta
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next