Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classic Mini owner wanting a Jetta!!

3 posters

Go down

Classic Mini owner wanting a Jetta!! Empty Classic Mini owner wanting a Jetta!!

Post by SamuelHorler Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:03 am

Hey guys, just joined, had a look through some of the members' cars and there are some amazing MK1/2s on here. Smile Here's a little about myself...

I'm 19, currently in uni at Swansea, South Wales. I've currently got a 1275 classic Mini at home but thinking of either a MK1/2 Jetta for my next car (a little bored of my Mini now and looking for something nice and squared off Very Happy)

Just wondering how difficult would it be to find a good MK1 for under £2500? Also, is there anyone else here around my age who could let me know what type of price they're paying on insurance with what engines, as I got classic insurance super cheap on my Mini and don't really want to spend over £1000 on my insurance (considering when I get it I may be 20). Oh yeah, I've 0 years NCB as Footman James don't give you any on their classic policies, but I've no claims. Very Happy

Thanks all, Sam.

SamuelHorler

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-02-28

Back to top Go down

Classic Mini owner wanting a Jetta!! Empty Re: Classic Mini owner wanting a Jetta!!

Post by jedi16v Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:33 pm

Welcome to the club sam, £2500 is a good figure for finding a decent example , try HIC i've been insured with them for 10yrs + and have always found them cheapest and they don't get nervous when you tell the car is modified
jedi16v
jedi16v
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Back to top Go down

Classic Mini owner wanting a Jetta!! Empty Re: Classic Mini owner wanting a Jetta!!

Post by SamuelHorler Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:47 pm

Thanks for the reply mate. I'll probably think about looking about during the summer as I'll sell my Mini around then and maybe think about getting a car to keep with me in uni. I'll definitely give HIC a call to find a rough figure for insurance

SamuelHorler

Back to top Go down

Post by alan gorst Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:41 pm

oryt buddy i have a mk2 for sale Wink also im 19 n pay 1200 fully comp own name for it Smile its on log as a jetta tx 1.6 8v Smile Smile

alan gorst
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelHorler Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:23 am

Ah mate if you were a little more local as I live in South Wales and I'd sold my current car already, I'd probably take it off your hands. You got a thread or an ad for your car so I can have a look anyway?

SamuelHorler

Back to top Go down

Post by alan gorst Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:41 am

Its on here in the for sale and on scottishvag Smile nothing wrong with a wee road trip ....i went to preston to get this and that was us meeting half way lol

alan gorst
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum