Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my Bora 4motion

3 posters

Go down

my Bora 4motion Empty my Bora 4motion

Post by karlosR Mon May 16, 2011 10:35 am

as a newbie it's only right that i post up a thread showing my car and what i've done to it since owning it since february 2010. i went for the V6 4 motion Bora as they are quite rare. sorry if it's too pic heavy!

as it was when i went down to the new forest to look at it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i fitted an alpine ipod headunit which was kindly removed by a local smackhead resulting in a smashed rear window and this

£300 for a bodyshop to repair and repaint, £77 for a new door handle with lock blanking kit, £40 for a new rear quarter window and £185 for a new headunit. with the new headunit fitted i decided to do something about the fake wood trim and bought some 3M sticky back plastic and changed the gearknob for a genuine VW carbon fibre item from a sharan. i'm well happy with the results.

with that sorted i turned my attention to getting the breathing sorted so a call to awesome GTI saw me fitting this.

i managed to get hold of some audi S3 wheels with decent tyres for a bargain price but they were in desperate need of a refurb so after going here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] i had some decent looking rims

after that i placed an order with DPM performance for some handling mods in the shape of H&R front and rear ARB's, H&R rear spacers with longer bolts and a set of JOM coilovers.

along with the black front grille i wanted to do something with the headlights so i took them apart and got out the carbon fibre sticky stuff again for a different twist on the "joey" mod..... well happy with the results, especially since fitting a HID kit too.

with the coillies on the geometry on the back was miles out with too much camber & toe so i bought some adjustable tie arms from compbrake and had them fitted along with a powerflex dogbone mount set at backdraft motorsport in milton keynes on their new hunter alignment machine. the difference in the handling now is amazing.

i also fitted a new debadged bootlid as i didn't really like the oettinger spoiler, thats about it for the moment apart from led sidelights, reverse lights and numberplate lights. next on the list is a stainless exhaust of some description, the only people ever to make them are milltek and they stopped as there isn't any demand for them so i might end up going for a custom exhaust instead.

there it is, let me know what you all think! Very Happy

karlosR
karlosR

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-05-01

Back to top Go down

my Bora 4motion Empty Re: my Bora 4motion

Post by jedi16v Mon May 16, 2011 12:05 pm

Hello mate and welcome I've been watching your thread on ukmkiv's nice progress, be keeping an eye on this
jedi16v
jedi16v
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Dowzr Mon May 16, 2011 6:50 pm

welcome bud, nice wheels. go really nice on the silver! im thinking of buying a v6 4motion aswell for day to day car, she's going crazy because everytime we go somewhere we have to go in that "old bucket of crap". ha.

Dowzr
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down