Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie'ish lol

Go down

Newbie'ish lol Empty Newbie'ish lol

Post by muttleyVR6 Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:01 pm

Hi
My name is John, I'm 35 and live in Hitchin, I'm not new here but I havent been here for a while.
Some of the dubbers among you may already know me as i'm no stranger to VW's (or the forums) and i have just bought my 15th dub.
Its a MK1 Jetta and has been sat in a barn for last 10 years owned by an old guy who sadly passed away not long ago. Looking through the rust, dust, dirt, hay and mushrooms there is a pretty decent project car underneath I need to take it for an mot but not sure how much rust is too much for the mot, the front wings are holed but i wouldnt call them dangerous and the rear wheel arche may need a little attention. i have two holes in the n/s seal that will need doing so that will be my 1st job
I dont really have any plans for it yet as i have only owned it for two days so i'm still checking it out, I may go down the semi rat look as the rust is already there but i'm not going to go as crazy as some of the other rat lookers. here are the only photo's i have of the car and its rust lol, the photo's really dont do it justice though its a lot more solid looking in person Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

this is the worst part of the car from what i have seen so far, N/S sill and bottom of the doors, but if the doors go through the mot they are staying for now
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
muttleyVR6
muttleyVR6
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-02-15

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum