Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MK2 Jetta owner from Newcastle(ish) dropping in ....

+3
jedi16v
07jettamk5
MarkR
7 posters

Go down

MK2 Jetta owner from Newcastle(ish) dropping in .... Empty MK2 Jetta owner from Newcastle(ish) dropping in ....

Post by MarkR Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:11 pm

Couple of pics of the car before my intro ...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mark here from North East UK.
Had the car for about 4 months or so and its still as it was as I bought it, shortage of time and funds have held back the changes and modifications I want to make to it unfortunately.
Originally a TX with an 1.8 8v transplant.
Alpina GTA wheels.
FK Sport Edition Plus coilovers.

Like I said time and funds have held progress back on it but my major plans are ...

Full respray. It's got a bit of laquer peel on the rear quater, plus the previous owner or one before that has got a bit happy with the rotary and the paint it thin as hell now!! It's probably stay the same colour (Classic Red) for now but I do have a real real itch to change the colour completely for something I've had in mind for a while but that will have to come further down the line. It's nowt lairy though don't worry. A nice subtle colour and in keeping with the age of the car.

The wheels will be coming off and getting a refurb in the new year. Still undecided on which way to go with them though? ... Clio Williams type gold? ... Light anthracite? ... High Gloss Silver? ... Or diamond cut faces with Anthracite (or maybe gold) inner spokes?

Full interior swap. Again being the indecisive bugger that I am I can't make my mind up between a full on early grandad spec dark velour interior or the usual rainbow GTI trim swap? Or a sneaky retrim of the current interior which is in perfect condition? Whatever I do though I would like to keep it period.

Replace all the glass as it has slight scratches in it which drives me insane.

Another engine transplant ... A big power transplant too!! Twisted Evil

First things to do though are sort out the niggles.
It needs a new rear wheel bearing as theres a grumble present at the minute.
Fan belt is squealing like a 16 year old virgin getting laid plus it's loosing water slightly.
Rear fuel pump has a leak too so needs replacing.
It also dropped onto what sounded like 3 cylinders a couple of times when I was out today. It cleared itself after a mile or so so I'm not quite sure whats causing that? Cracked dizzy maybe?

And that will about do for now I reckon.

Cheers for listening people, Very Happy

MarkR

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-12-12

Back to top Go down

MK2 Jetta owner from Newcastle(ish) dropping in .... Empty Re: MK2 Jetta owner from Newcastle(ish) dropping in ....

Post by 07jettamk5 Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:48 am

Very nice mkII!

Welcome! cheers
07jettamk5
07jettamk5
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

MK2 Jetta owner from Newcastle(ish) dropping in .... Empty Re: MK2 Jetta owner from Newcastle(ish) dropping in ....

Post by jedi16v Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:38 pm

Welcome mate looks awesome, know what you mean about the rotary exact same problem with the paint on mine
jedi16v
jedi16v
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by acsa Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:25 pm

Welcome marra
acsa
acsa
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie1885! Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:58 pm

well nice motor!
if you ever wanna shift the wheels gimme a shout!lol!
Robbie1885!
Robbie1885!
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:10 pm

Lovin it what engine you lookin to go for i can defo recomend the VR swap its awesome welcome to JOC
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Number of posts : 2583
Registration date : 2007-03-05

http://www.JettaOwnersClub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by stumak Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:15 pm

Alright mate, welcome along.

I pop in and out but the site has some real knowledgeable folk and good crack. Car looks sweet - TX FTW haha

stumak
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkR Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:35 pm

Robbie1885! wrote:well nice motor!
if you ever wanna shift the wheels gimme a shout!lol!

You're first name on the list if I do sell them. I might give them a refurb first then decide what to do with them in the new year.

Reaver 'Ant' wrote:Lovin it what engine you lookin to go for i can defo recomend the VR swap its awesome welcome to JOC

I'd like to drop an R32 lump in butthat won't happen for sometime though, kids and houses to run see to that! Who knows by the time I'm in a position to swap it the new 1.4 TSI transplants might be more common place and more affordable? Thats something to think about in the future though.

stumak' wrote:Alright mate, welcome along.

I pop in and out but the site has some real knowledgeable folk and good crack. Car looks sweet - TX FTW haha

Cheers for the welcome Stu.

MarkR

Back to top Go down

Post by stumak Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:43 pm

No Probs mate - nice to see another member from up here - im just north of Morpeth.

stumak
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkR Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:50 pm

stumak wrote:No Probs mate - nice to see another member from up here - im just north of Morpeth.

Ahhhh reet, I'm just South of Durham.

MarkR

Back to top Go down

Post by stumak Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:55 pm

Well at some point we will have to drag all these southerners up to our neck of the woods mate !!!

lol!

stumak
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down