Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just another newbie

2 posters

Go down

Just another newbie Empty Just another newbie

Post by Neil Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:13 am

Hi, I'm Neil from North Wales.
I have a Jetta CL which was first registered in 1981, "X" registration, the car served us well for years and we clocked up 128,000 miles in the time we've had it. I had never thought of joining an owners club before until it was suggested to me.
We now have a 2005 Passat which is our main car, the Jetta resides in the garage while the poor old Passat sits outside. Is this Jetta an old car by all your standards and what sort of value does it have?

Neil

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Just another newbie Empty Re: Just another newbie

Post by venturbo Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:25 am

Hello and welcome to the JOC.

The Mk1 Jetta is becoming very desirable now within the vag scene and at 29 years old is older than alot of members on this site.
Value would come down to condition, engine size, spec, history ect:. Throw up some pic's of the old girl Cool

venturbo
2.0 TFSI - 200ps!

Number of posts : 961
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:35 am

Thanks for your answer. It's condition is pretty good, bodywork is not bad with surface scratches, very little rust as the car has been garaged most of it's life. I have owned it from first registration. Engine is 1.5 litre petrol but has not been run in a long time. The intention was to keep it and look after it as a second car but never got round to it and it has just been stuck in the garage now for years. I declared it SORN about 3 years ago. Will have to get it out and clean it before I can send any pics of it, it's thick with dust!

Neil

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down