Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bright Orange Jetta Inside

+6
Robbie1885!
Jettameister
Dirtydubber
07jettamk5
serol
G2t
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bright Orange Jetta Inside  Empty Bright Orange Jetta Inside

Post by G2t Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:57 pm

Well, after introducing myself a little while ago and not really doing anything with the jetta yet and edition looming, it was time to sort it out, so with 2 weeks to edition, and having covered exactly 15 miles since its last test, it was mot time.

Which turned out to be a straight through, with just a little tinkering at the mot station to get the numberplate lights going again, an advise on a couple of tyres ( on the gold [subcultural stereotype] rims its been sitting on sonce the ra`s and borbets were sold) and a bush.....

Then I got distracted for a week, ended up picking up two more cars and a bike, but on the upside for the jetta one of the cars gave up a nice set of rims and some tidy coilies.

So with just 4 days to go till edition the work finally began, the car had been sat outside for the last 15-18 months, the roof and bootlid were so oxidised they were barely orange anymore, more a dirty patchy white.

So some pics....

Bank holiday monday afternoon, some ingredients

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After spending monday afternoon fitting most of the interior, tuesday and wednesday evenings trying to bring back the oxidised paint by hand (along with polishing up the tarnished rsl cults), with the help of my brother, we were getting nowhere, so on thursday after work I borrowed a rotary polisher from a guy I know at a local bodyshop, now the progress began to gather pace....

Some fuel to match the project

Late thurs, paint cut back, coils and wheels on......... Polish, wax, body trims, rear bumper, wing mirrors, door handles, stereo, back seat and a few odds and sods to go.....

Friday morning.....

No pics of it before we left..............

Back home in sunny wales

Last edited by G2t on Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
G2t
G2t
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-07-19

Back to top Go down

Bright Orange Jetta Inside  Empty Re: Bright Orange Jetta Inside

Post by serol Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:59 am

i just love the color and that rslīs cult
serol
serol

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by 07jettamk5 Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Love it!! cheers
07jettamk5
07jettamk5
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by G2t Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:24 pm

Thanks Guys,

Loads more to do, def needs to go to a small chin spoiler and go lower, plus some camber on the back.
G2t
G2t
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by G2t Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:50 pm

Been up to a few bits on the jetta, so a small update.

When I joined I was asking about to see if anyone had any pics of the car from before I had it, as I couldn`t remember the user name of the guy who I got it from.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Well I was mooching about on clubgti on friday eve and found the old for sale ad, and a couple of threads about it from when the last guy had it.

Something which I noticed as soon as we set off for edition was that it was down on power, was reluctant to rev and was very flat, had planned on checking the timing and running through the tune up guide on cgti. Looking through the prev owner`s threads revealed that this was as a result of not being set up right after a headgasket.

And a photo shoot they did

So I printed off the guide and set off to the workshop on saturday to get it sorted.

Will update tomorrow with pics and stuff

G2t
G2t
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by G2t Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:40 pm

Ok so later than planned, the next bit of the story is boring and mostly filled with sorting out bodged work from the cars history..... Its running a bit better but not perfect.

Got rid of the front spacers...

The fronts have tucked in a bit more now, so I can go to a cl front splitter and get it down some more.

Went for a quick few shots as the sun went down, was slightly late so they`re quite dark...

Have gone a bit Jetta mad and have somehow started a collection....

Gti`d gx picked up last week to rob bits off for the ornage one, but trouble is its fairly tidy and seems like a bad move to strip it....?.....?

Plus this grey gti 16v I got last night in the dark, supposed to be quite well sorted with a 2L lump, cams, g60 brakes, braided lines, poly bushed throughout, eibach rear arb. Needs a new os driveshaft, starter and live and earth cables from batt to body-gearbox and batt to starter. Started to sort these bits out this eve but not quite finished.

Has a bit of history and is known locally, the previous (previous to the guy I got it off) owner/builder died, falling from the ferry returning from the Nurburgring. Anyone who knows any info on the car, old pics, where it was used, what in all was done to it I`d be very interested, have been talking to guys who know the car and will update with what I find out.

Plans are to get it straightened out, cleaned up and a fresh mot, then as a birthday treat do a trackday at the end of nov, start of dec. Will prob nick the proper half tints of it for the orange one too....

G2t
G2t
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by G2t Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:37 pm

Drive shaft, starter and battery leads replaced, extra earth added, on the key now and looking a bit better for a quick wash and half arsed dry off.

Lots of niggly bit to sort, rear calipers are binding, exhaust is rattling and the inside was used as a bin by the toe rag I bought it off
G2t
G2t
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by G2t Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:41 pm

Oh and the boot spoiler is naffed, anyone got a spare????
G2t
G2t
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:09 pm

My god i never thought we would see this car again!!! bounce This car was owned by my good friends - best friend Gareth. We both thought it was lost forever if you would like to know more about this car pm G40chris Trust me i will ring him and let him know asap. Please please take good care of her she ment alot to her owner. Im sorry to here it fell on such bad times but glad its been found. Oh love the tango jetta by the way and the very impressive collection of vags and others. Laughing .
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.dirtydubs.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by G2t Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:23 pm

Dirtydubber wrote:My god i never thought we would see this car again!!! bounce This car was owned by my good friends - best friend Gareth. We both thought it was lost forever if you would like to know more about this car pm G40chris Trust me i will ring him and let him know asap. Please please take good care of her she ment alot to her owner. Im sorry to here it fell on such bad times but glad its been found. Oh love the tango jetta by the way and the very impressive collection of vags and others. Laughing .

It would be great to find out everything possible about the car`s history, I`ll pm Chris for sure. Seems as though it has been sat around for a long while, even before the guy I got it from bought it. He got it off Gareth`s brother through ebay some time ago.
May have aquired a cage for it this week.....

Loads to do on the Orange one, makes me smile every time I clap eyes on it, those [subcultural stereotype] tail lights got to go though, plus a total makeover fully planned and parts hoarded ready.
G2t
G2t
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:13 pm

I have given chris a call but not spoken to him yet you might get a pm soon. I think the car was parked up at his brothers farm for some time because of the circumstances of Gareth death. I never met Gareth in person we had planned to that year at BVF but it never happened. We spoke a few times online in the world of Xbox live. Very friendly guy He will be sadly missed. Yer i agree with rear lights i have never liked crystal rear lights on any car new or old. Just on the off chance you dont happen to know anyone that has a rear Jetta big bumper they would like to sell?
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by G2t Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:29 pm

Dirtydubber wrote:I have given chris a call but not spoken to him yet you might get a pm soon. I think the car was parked up at his brothers farm for some time because of the circumstances of Gareth death. I never met Gareth in person we had planned to that year at BVF but it never happened. We spoke a few times online in the world of Xbox live. Very friendly guy He will be sadly missed. Yer i agree with rear lights i have never liked crystal rear lights on any car new or old. Just on the off chance you dont happen to know anyone that has a rear Jetta big bumper they would like to sell?

I pm`d Chris too, although his profile said he hadn`t been online since dec last year, I`m sure I have had contact with him on e38 in the past...?

I know little of what happened, bar what I said above and what the guy I bought it from said, its something I am respectful of and don`t wish to put too much emphasis on in this thread.

What I do understand is that Gareth was a big motorsport guy and the car got used, which I am very keen to know more about!!!

I`m after all black rears which will tie in with the bright body colour just right, I may tint the [subcultural stereotype] ones to try out the theory as a temp measure til I can get hold of the real deal.

I`ve seen your wanted ads all over, Have been after one myself, which I think is sorted now, so if I come accross any more I`ll let you know.

G2t
G2t
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:58 pm

Thank you very much bud. I think the engine in gareths old jet is a Vw Engineering item but i could be wrong!
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by G2t Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:46 pm

Been having a little hunt around for info on the 16v Jetta, and its touted as a GTi Engineering re2000 16v
engine Very Happy

Found a vid on youtube of it in action at the Pod, wasting a fiesta

Recogniseable by the homebrew grill fashioned by Gareth, pics in his thread.

Found Gareth`s thread on the car on HTTuning.co.uk and it appears he bought it largely as it it with the mechanicals as they are, even most of the minor bumps on the body can be seen in his pics back in 07......

Would be very interested to trace the owner previous to Gareth too....

Have spent a litle time today ironing out some niggles on the orange one,

Centered the steering wheel

Fixed the self cancel on the indicators which was a bit sticky from the car being laid up a while

Re sealed a small gromet in the roof, blanking a hole left by an old ariel, which was letting in a couple of drips

Replaced the interior fan as it was squealing

Found the duct connecting the fan to the heater matrix wasn`t joined up to the matrix properly, losing a lot of fan pressure, fixed that and its much better

Wasn`t getting hot air inside the car, so got rid of the crappy prv and bypass valves, nice and toasty inside now

Adjusted the sunroof panel which was sitting a little high on the drivers side, but will be taking the whole panel out tomorrow to fit a better condition seal.

A short to do list, for hopefully tomorrow

Fit a better sunroof seal

Found a couple of leaks in the boot, from each of the dirty [subcultural stereotype] tail lights and one from the rear window on the n/s lower corner - fit a set of gen hella tails and seal as needed, may have to remove the rear screen to investigate the window leak

Replace the sunroof winder trim panel.

Change the sun visors

Fit a new sunroof trim panel

Fit tinted front indicators

Fit cl splitter

Lower the front more

Also been making a bit of space in preperation for yet another jetta arrival.......
G2t
G2t
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:40 pm

Just a couple of things bud if you have removed the heater bypass valves then i would strongly suggest replacing the heater matrix for the stronger mk3 item if it hasnt been done already? Just to keep your feet from being badly burnt Wink . Also i would recomend looking at the rear sunroof drain pipes this has been the cause of many a rear water leak they have a habit of cracking about half way done, This is usually caused by people trying to clean them out with a piece of wire or the pipes getting blocked then the vehicle being left outside in a big frost. Dont mean to tell you how to suck eggs just trying to help. More pics More pics Very Happy
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by G2t Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:37 pm

Yeah, am aware of the risks, but initally wanted to make sure I could get heat through and there wasn`t another issue, as, in one of his threads on cgti, the prev owner said the matrix was fooked, not so, fingers crossed it`ll hold on for a bit.
I think I have a matrix out of a cordoba sx (must be the same as a mk3 one) I broke which can go in and kill two birds with one stone, I will be changing the dash too, as some clown has marked it where the glove box drops down, got a mint one ready to go in.

Wll def check out the rear drains, I take it they pass down the C pillars?

I got a bit distracted from my to do list today, what with some rain and fitting a new fuel pump to a mk3, so only really ended up with a couple of pics, not even time to give it the weekly wash, and the lane to the workshop is stinking, so the car is filthy....

G2t
G2t
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:31 pm

SWEEEEEET Interior love it!
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by G2t Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:39 pm

Thanks man, re trimmed Rallye Recaros with rear and door cards to match, comfy isn`t the word.
G2t
G2t
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:41 pm

Drowning in my own joy juice Razz
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by G2t Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:25 pm

Time to bring this thread back to life, have been neglecting the Jetta lately as I've been playing with a mk2 track toy.

Did drop an Abf in it back in march, got it up and running, but it's not been anywhere since.

Now with edition looming once again the focus is back on the old booty!!

Pics and updates to follow
G2t
G2t
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jettameister Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:29 pm

nice jetta and cool interior Twisted Evil

Jettameister
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie1885! Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:16 am

I can't believe that I hadn't seen this thread before, absolutely love the car(s) especially that orange!:-)
Robbie1885!
Robbie1885!
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie1885! Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:18 am

I can't believe that I hadn't seen this thread before, absolutely love the car(s) especially that orange!:-)
Robbie1885!
Robbie1885!
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie1885! Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:18 am

Robbie1885!
Robbie1885!
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by ValiantSaint Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:07 pm

Wow! You look like the man to come to if you need any parts! (You don't have any spare sets of bumpers at the moment, by any chance? Very Happy )

ValiantSaint
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next