Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hey i'm new and this be my 87 mk2 jetta gt

2 posters

Go down

hey i'm new and this be my 87 mk2 jetta gt Empty hey i'm new and this be my 87 mk2 jetta gt

Post by Robbie1885! Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:11 pm

hey everyone i'm robbie and have just joined so thought id post some pics of my jetta, this being the jetta owners club and all!Smile
the cars currently over in spain at the minute because it was my uncles who live out there and when i got it off him it wasnt running, so i spent a week of my summer leave trying to fix it and cleaning it up.
its a fairly straight car and has been sat in his impressively sized yet saddly unappreiciated garage for the last 2ish years, but does have some rust holes that really need looking and are the first on the list of things to do when i get back on uk soil, it also has some some crappy looking alloys on it that i'm almost immediately gonna be replacing with banded steels and some nasty looking big bumpers(sorry to peeps that like them)so gonna be putting smallies and a splitter back on!
from what i can tell from crawling all over it for a week is that its been dropped on coilovers, and is braced up forward and aft, its also been striped and rebuild around 10+ years ago and was apparently magazine featured, though my uncle has misplaced the copy that came with it when he bought it, also the engine was dropped out of it and receivced a tasty lil rebuild, whilst the whole car was resprayed from a light metallic blue to a dark metallic racing green and was debadged at the same time, also the interior is full leather and all the windows electric and it has keyless entry dont you know!

unfortuneatly due to me not being able to get it running whilst i was over there(i dont speak spainish and this makes parts finding a right pain in the ass) i had to have it taken to a english chatting garage and left it in my uncles capable hands of getting all the bits replaced that we couldnt find ourself like the all the relays were tits, and the alternator sucked the power out the battery in acouple of hours which was kinda the opposite of what we wanted, and as of last friday she was running all nice and with only 200 euros leaving my bank!Smile so now we are gonna register her in spain and get her an ITV (spainish MOT) so my uncle can insure her under his business as a company car making it legal to drive back to the uk without tax or mot, until i re-register her in the uk and test and tax her! unless you guys know of any loops holes for bringing uk cars back from europe after the test and tax have ran out!?

now all i have to do is wait until november and i can get some more leave booked in to drive her back!

and i would whack some pics up but for the life of me i cant work it out!lols! anyone know?lol!
Robbie1885!
Robbie1885!
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

hey i'm new and this be my 87 mk2 jetta gt Empty Re: hey i'm new and this be my 87 mk2 jetta gt

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:42 pm

Hi buddy set up your pics in photobucket.com and follow the instructions below they can also be found with images at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Linking Basics

Overview: The following tutorial is a step by step guide on how to direct link files from Photobucket to your favorite forums, message boards, emails, instant messenges, and web layouts.

Requirements: You must be a Photobucket account holder. You also must already have content uploaded into your Photobucket account.
Steps to Take:

1. Log into your Photobucket account at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
2. From the navigation bar at the top of your album, select the "albums & upload" tab.
3. Locate the thumbnail image for the file you wish to direct link and notice the three separate linking codes below it.

Note: You can access these same codes from the "edit", or full size, page as well.

4. Email & IM (Share URL): Use this to send via IM or Email. This can be turned off in your account options or the "change link options" hyperlink under your first thumbnail image.
5. Direct Link: Use this for layout pages and MySpace backgrounds. This can be turned off in your account options or the "change link options" hyperlink under your first thumbnail image.
6. HTML Code: Use this for linking to sites like MySpace or Ebay. This can be turned off in your account options or the "change link options" hyperlink under your first thumbnail image.
7. IMG Code: Use this for Bulletin Boards and Forums. This can be turned off in your account options or the "change link options" hyperlink under your first thumbnail image.
8. Left click in the field for the code that you want to use. This will automatically copy the code for you, as denoted by the yellow "Copied" message that pops up.

Navigate to the place where you would like to link your image to. This might be a forum, message board, email, instant message, etc, and paste (right click, select "paste") the code into the appropriate field.

Note: Many message boards and forums are different, so you may need to consult their Help or FAQ documents for further guidance on which code you should be using.

9. If the linking codes are not visible in your account, you must enable them by going into your "account options".

Note: This can also be accomplished with the "change link options" hyperlink under your first thumbnail image.

10. Locate your "Album Settings" and click on the "edit my album settings" link.
11. Check the boxes to display the links for the codes that you would like to display in your account.
12. Click on the "Save" button so your changes take effect!
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Number of posts : 2583
Registration date : 2007-03-05

http://www.JettaOwnersClub.net

Back to top Go down

hey i'm new and this be my 87 mk2 jetta gt Empty Re: hey i'm new and this be my 87 mk2 jetta gt

Post by Robbie1885! Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:26 pm

cheers buddy, i've posted some pics up in the members forum!Smile
Robbie1885!
Robbie1885!
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down