Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My 3rd Jetta: Helios Blue GTi 16v, 53k, PAS, CL.

+3
jetta 16v
Andrew
WhiteJettaTX
7 posters

Go down

My 3rd Jetta: Helios Blue GTi 16v, 53k, PAS, CL. Empty My 3rd Jetta: Helios Blue GTi 16v, 53k, PAS, CL.

Post by WhiteJettaTX Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:06 am

Well, where do i start. Had to leave for Gatwick at 9pm for Corfu, get a call from a guy in Brighton who's friend is on Tidyvag and seen im after a Jetta. Said he could pop round before i went.. Sounded interesting and cheap as chips so he turned up at 7. Was in a bit of a rush but we haggled him down from £200 without the rank 17" wheels to £175 all in (may aswell have them).

When i was away dad text me saying he'd spent the weekend cleaning it up and took it in for an MOT, seller said he'd premot'd it and it would have passed but he literally had no money so needed it sold (as they all say!).

It failed on:
2 tyres (wheels are not my style anyway so ronal turbo's will be on), wheels rubbing at rear (again), CV joints, Brake pipe, Emissions, Headlight adjustment.

Anyway some details:
G plate early spec, 52699 on the clocks, no history with the car *bummer* but the absolutely spotless interior and silent, very clean engine bay kindof backs this up. 17" horrible wheels, Power steering (relief) and Central locking, 16v rear spoiler, checked paint code and it's Helios Blue, in need of a respray as the lacquer is peeling on the PS rear and the front doors have a bit of shyte touchups on them. Smoked indicators and repeaters, crappy tinted rear lights. Small bumpers ( growing on me) usually a Big bumper person! and a MFA (never had one before, how cool) although this reads 99mpg!

Start off with some crap pictures:
Front (yum)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lacquer peel on rear quarter
Mint seats
After the usual bay treatment from dad..
and a picture of the horrid back end when i got it, swiftly changing..

Update 1:
Well, spent a day doing the MOT bits, both front hoses as theyre easy (advisories), Brake pipes turned out to be just the last little bit on the offside (thought it was all way back from front but re-read MOT sheet), wheels changed to Ronals, then distributor decided to grab hold of the three wires inside and bugger them all so i need a new dizzy. balls.

quick pic:

Update 2:
took the car back for a re-test, CV Boot had popped off and headlight still wasn't right, dizzy changed and guy said the emissions were "lovely". Said he didn't book it in so can take it back for another free retest, legend. They were talking about the wheels and how much it improved the car. Still really not sure on the bumpers, granted it looks cool from the front, but the back just doesn't do it for me, too high.

Last pic for now, excuse the quality..

WhiteJettaTX
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Back to top Go down

My 3rd Jetta: Helios Blue GTi 16v, 53k, PAS, CL. Empty Re: My 3rd Jetta: Helios Blue GTi 16v, 53k, PAS, CL.

Post by Andrew Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:23 am

Looks great - nice low miles too!

Andrew
Admin

Number of posts : 1072
Registration date : 2007-05-08

http://www.vpcuk.org

Back to top Go down

My 3rd Jetta: Helios Blue GTi 16v, 53k, PAS, CL. Empty Re: My 3rd Jetta: Helios Blue GTi 16v, 53k, PAS, CL.

Post by jetta 16v Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:14 pm

nice mate exactly the same car as mine apart from mine gray mine just needs the body work sorting front ok rear end a bit rusty ao are u near gatwick then

jetta 16v
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteJettaTX Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:24 pm

Well today had its ups and downs..
1 - 13" compomotive MS fit fine on the back, not on the front confused
2 - Spent ages undoing shitty stuck bolt on rear suspension mount
3 - Fitted coilovers - back 50mm up (midway), front at the bottom (surely highest setting?) so it was rubbing like an absolute bitch!
4 - drove round the corner to pick up some 14" winter wheels to see if they make the rbbing a bit better (was gettting stuck on flat road!)
5 - find out that bottom of thread is actually lowest setting, duh *f@%$ing idiot*
6 - Raise it by 30mm at front, leave back as was, fit 14" winter wheels

PICS TELL 1000 WORDS:
before, lights now rubbed down and looking 100x better imo:
Coilies on (at bottom, before realised it was lowest setting):

Mean as fcuk imo, before it was lowered:

C&C?

Craig

WhiteJettaTX
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by vardo Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:31 pm

sweet,identical to my e rg 8v,i used to own,i relly love the stance and the ronals,gud job!
vardo
vardo
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:37 am

have to admit, never seen a g red without big bumpers on a 16v i didnt think they did them, also he boot spoiler is odd as its not body coloured which i believe the 90 specs all were and finaly the number plate cover isnt a 90 spec on its the 80 spec lip like my e reg

i would say its possible that either someone prefered the small bumper look and swapped loads of bits or the tailgate rusted away and they fitted 80 spec boot to match and swapped bumpers

maybe its just factory tho didnt realise they did them

edit: forgot to say looks nice lol!

only thing i would do is looks like the number plate isnt straight on the back would probably get new ones
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteJettaTX Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:11 am

Had a good weekend, fitted my 2-way alarm, got my mfa and rev counter working (no more 99.9mpg for me), gave it a quick clean, bumpers still looking nice and dark.

As far as spec, it was born on 30/08/1989 so pre-90 BUT the hazard switch isnt in the dash.. Number plate wise the car needs a full blow over (which i had planned anyway) so all trim/plates will be off, rear numberplate recess will be bodycoloured, and maybe the spoiler. Getting there slowly but quickly!

Need some chrome trimmed bumpers if anyone knows of any..

WhiteJettaTX
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:01 pm

Sounds like shes coming on a storm bud looks sweet as at that ride hight on the turbos Very Happy
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Number of posts : 2583
Registration date : 2007-03-05

http://www.JettaOwnersClub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by veedal Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:48 pm

Class! I think helious blue is one of the best colours for a mk2,the wheel's and susp make some difference.
veedal
veedal
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteJettaTX Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:41 pm

How it looked as of Sunday afternoon:
Where it's sleeping while it's wounds get fixed..
Replacement Helios door fitted, windows/lights/bumpers removed. Should be out all shiny in new helios paint in a few weeks!

WhiteJettaTX
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down