Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New 2 the site...

+3
popeye
stumak
Tim
7 posters

Go down

New 2 the site... Empty New 2 the site...

Post by Tim Mon May 18, 2009 9:01 pm

Hi about 3 months ago i went out looking to buy a car, i seen this volkswagen bora 2.0 and with out askin to many questions put a deposit down on the same day..
The car had no history but i bought it all the same for around £2500, so far the only major problem ive had is a fualty lambda sensor. Other smaller things envolve speakers that have stoped working and some other little interior issues..
I am an apprentice engineer and there fore i am not on a great deal of money, however i will be hoping to service my car soon, and after i plan on spending all the money i can on my car..

This bora is the 1st volkswagen i have ever had, sooo any tips in modifiying or any general tips will help me grately..
I plan on regulary posting on here and attending as many meats as i possibly can. Sorry for the life story and thanks Very Happy
Tim
Tim
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

New 2 the site... Empty Re: New 2 the site...

Post by stumak Mon May 18, 2009 9:07 pm

Welcome mate - get some pics of the car up !

enjoy the forum

stumak
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Mon May 18, 2009 9:19 pm

I havent got many pics at the minute, but the pictures i have i would gladly put up if i only knew how haha
Tim
Tim
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by stumak Mon May 18, 2009 9:30 pm

I have un-ashamedly stolen the following from Ants reply to this very question LOL

ANT SAID : -

Hi buddy set up your pics in photobucket.com and follow the instructions below they can also be found with images at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Linking Basics

Overview: The following tutorial is a step by step guide on how to direct link files from Photobucket to your favorite forums, message boards, emails, instant messenges, and web layouts.

Requirements: You must be a Photobucket account holder. You also must already have content uploaded into your Photobucket account.
Steps to Take:

1. Log into your Photobucket account at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
2. From the navigation bar at the top of your album, select the "albums & upload" tab.
3. Locate the thumbnail image for the file you wish to direct link and notice the three separate linking codes below it.

Note: You can access these same codes from the "edit", or full size, page as well.

4. Email & IM (Share URL): Use this to send via IM or Email. This can be turned off in your account options or the "change link options" hyperlink under your first thumbnail image.
5. Direct Link: Use this for layout pages and MySpace backgrounds. This can be turned off in your account options or the "change link options" hyperlink under your first thumbnail image.
6. HTML Code: Use this for linking to sites like MySpace or Ebay. This can be turned off in your account options or the "change link options" hyperlink under your first thumbnail image.
7. IMG Code: Use this for Bulletin Boards and Forums. This can be turned off in your account options or the "change link options" hyperlink under your first thumbnail image.
8. Left click in the field for the code that you want to use. This will automatically copy the code for you, as denoted by the yellow "Copied" message that pops up.

Navigate to the place where you would like to link your image to. This might be a forum, message board, email, instant message, etc, and paste (right click, select "paste") the code into the appropriate field.

Note: Many message boards and forums are different, so you may need to consult their Help or FAQ documents for further guidance on which code you should be using.

9. If the linking codes are not visible in your account, you must enable them by going into your "account options".

Note: This can also be accomplished with the "change link options" hyperlink under your first thumbnail image.

10. Locate your "Album Settings" and click on the "edit my album settings" link.
11. Check the boxes to display the links for the codes that you would like to display in your account.
12. Click on the "Save" button so your changes take effect!

stumak
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by popeye Mon May 18, 2009 9:35 pm

dam you stumak, you beat me to it lol! lol!
popeye
popeye
Staff Member

Number of posts : 979
Registration date : 2008-03-09

http://ron.bremner@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by popeye Mon May 18, 2009 9:36 pm

welcome to the family of ours tim, looking forward to the pics.
it took me a life time to work it out cheers
popeye
popeye
Staff Member

Number of posts : 979
Registration date : 2008-03-09

http://ron.bremner@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Mon May 18, 2009 9:37 pm

Thanks for the help ill get on it tomorow as its quite late for me know.. All my good pictures were lost when i had 2 do a system restore, however ive got some odd ones layin around that i can put up Very Happy

thanks again . .
Tim
Tim
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by stumak Mon May 18, 2009 9:39 pm

popeye wrote:dam you stumak, you beat me to it lol! lol!

lol! ironic seeing as its was Ant's reply to YOU !!!!!!! jocolor

stumak
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by manzi Mon May 18, 2009 9:43 pm

welcome tim Very Happy
manzi
manzi
Staff Member

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue May 19, 2009 5:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

hayy solved it thanks for all the help.. this is a nice pic when i 1st got it..
Tim
Tim
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Tue May 19, 2009 8:01 am

sweet bora you have there tim many peeps on here will tell you less is more on the vw scean so subtlety is the word but hey there is loads of stuff out there for the bora so if you have any questions 9/10 they have been tried and tested by somone on here so ask away. Oh and welcome to the forums buddy
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Number of posts : 2583
Registration date : 2007-03-05

http://www.JettaOwnersClub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by wrighty Tue May 19, 2009 8:05 am

welcome mate looks tidy and think its the same colour as mine,
like ant says less is more little oem+ changes go a lonng long way
wrighty
wrighty
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue May 19, 2009 3:24 pm

Thanks ill definatly be adding posts and tryin to solve lots of quereys ... The only things ive done to it so far is a slightly smaller number plate than the one in the pic, it makes the front look a little bit bigger, and also change the bulb to super brilliance blue %50 brighter.. they basicly are white and make the car look newer ..

apart from that shes standard, and my style of modding is subtle and clean lookin, ulle be glad to hear lol

thanks for the welcome Very Happy ill try and get a more recent pic to show u..
Tim
Tim
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by 07jettamk5 Wed May 20, 2009 12:45 am

Looks good! WELCOME cheers
07jettamk5
07jettamk5
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Fri May 22, 2009 5:06 am

Does any one from the nottingham area attend MFN at all.. Ive seen 2 mk2 jettas there b4.. and a rather nice looking mk4..

If u dnt nw wat MFN is its like a car show every sunday in eastwood.. Its only £1 entry and can be really good..

Just like 2 meet more owners in my area Very Happy
Tim
Tim
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down