Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

do i keep the coupe??- apparently not!

+2
2drYetti
re2
6 posters

Go down

do i keep the coupe??- apparently not! Empty do i keep the coupe??- apparently not!

Post by re2 Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:28 pm

1987 D
I bought this a while ago with the intention of building it up, but now I plan on restoring one of the GTI Engineering GT's

It was originally intended to be a track car, but I could easily have found parts with my friends in the States and Europe. its registered in the UK and was originally from Ireland. I dont have the rear windows, but I do have the roof rubbers. I think I have a spare wings and a bonnet at mums house too

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The possabilities are endless really as I also have a load of syncro spares too

Do I sell or do i indulge again??

My main car is posted in the new members section

I also have a 16v Jetta destined for the track- how many cars does one man need?? I not really fussed about selling it but if the right offer was on the table, then who knows........

Here is my first obsession - non Jetta but a Golf

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by re2 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

do i keep the coupe??- apparently not! Empty Re: do i keep the coupe??- apparently not!

Post by 2drYetti Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:47 pm

there is more and more of these popping up all over the place now, build it into a track car and me and you can have a coupe race!!

p.s. if you do want a set of rear windows, mine will be plastic soon so I'll have a spare set.

2drYetti
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-07-31

Back to top Go down

do i keep the coupe??- apparently not! Empty Re: do i keep the coupe??- apparently not!

Post by re2 Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:55 pm

i think more people are making the effort to get these from europe. My ultimate would be a coupe syncro

oooo on the windows! Defo interested!

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by manzi Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:40 pm

re2 keep it alllll!
you know that is gunna be a massive achievement to build it.
you'll get high rep in built not bought Very Happy
manzi
manzi
Staff Member

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2007-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:16 am

if you have a look at my golf, you will see why i cant build them all

hehe

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Foolish Boy Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:56 am

I think if the shell is solid then keep it (as much as I want to transplant mine into a coupe). Lets face it, is prob less work to put it back together than sorting a complete car.

The only part of mine that hasn't been removed at some point is the fuel tank!
Foolish Boy
Foolish Boy
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:10 am

its currently sat on my girlfriends dads farm safely tucked up in the dry so its not in anyones way

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:45 pm

ive decided that if i was offered £300, Id sell it, but other than that I may as well keep it. I may end up using all the 16v parts and transplanting them at a later date- who knows!!! Too many ideas and not enough garages!

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mexican Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:09 pm

keep it and make it amazing!!

as it should be!!
Mexican
Mexican
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2007-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:32 pm

its a hard decision- my first love is my Golf syncro and after the 8 years Ive been building it, I should crack on really. If this goes then Ill defo do one in the future anyway, but no one has offered me what I want so its not going anywhere. It would be sitting about until the syncro and the T were finished, but as Ive said, its safely tucked away and isnt costing me a thing for storage, so I aint in any rush. maybe £300 is too cheap for something this rare but we shall see

; )

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:07 pm

looks like the coupe has a new owner. I was offered the asking and paypalled a deposit, so im down to 4 cars now

4!!!!!!!! what the hell- thats still wrong- but you only live once and the $ will go straight into the 16v Jetta GTI

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:32 pm

sounds good, i was just about to post you should put the syncro into the coupe would be awesome lol

still hopefully someone will make something really good of the shell
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:40 pm

that was my plan from the start- id even looked at a jetta syncro a few weeks back, but it wasnt as good as i thought. The money has come in suoer useful now as ive just found out that one of my best mates is getting married and im off to the wedding now - in OZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down