Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My stable

4 posters

Go down

My stable Empty My stable

Post by Foolish Boy Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:23 pm

About time to throw a few photos up.

The first is my GTi 16v of 4 years, she's suffering with the dreaded rot so after a lot of time and effort i've decided it's time to retire her.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

To be replaced with this one, completely solid, 4 x electric windows, mirrors, headlamp washers, rear headrests, bilsten suspension, powerflow exhaust and few other things too.

I apologise however for the dodgy wheels and vents, the previous owner was a little misguided in some of his modifications!

Only trouble is the engine is knackered, but the grey one has already had a 9A conversion, kr head and cams so that will be transplanted in along with a full Magnex system.

Other bits to be fitted are S2 calipers, G60 discs, Audi master cylinder, mk4 rear calipers, full grey leather, polybushes and a widetrack conversion + the G60 steels shown on the grey one. When I get chance.

So needless to say there's a Jetta GTi 16v going in bits soon of anyone needs anything, everything apart from the block and panels really.

Just a final shot of the two and my trusty workhorse.

Last edited by on Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Foolish Boy
Foolish Boy
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Back to top Go down

My stable Empty Re: My stable

Post by Andrew Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:01 pm

Shame the first one is slowly dying off - but looks like you are on top of things with the replacement Smile, nice spec too!

Andrew
Admin

Number of posts : 1072
Registration date : 2007-05-08

http://www.vpcuk.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:39 am

NICE SPEC Shocked there arent many about of hat spec anymore congrats in finding one buddy like he said though shame about the old one but then rot is one thing that can do that quite quickly if it takes hold No
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Number of posts : 2583
Registration date : 2007-03-05

http://www.JettaOwnersClub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Foolish Boy Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:25 am

I had been kidding myself for a while but the reality eventually struck home when I went to jack it up and the jacking point went through the floor! Shame as it was a 21st bday present and before that my Dad's friend owned it for several years.

Trouble is there's only so much patching you can do and it'll never be right, plus the cost of a respray would be better spent elsewhere. I'm good with a spanner, but not with a spray gun.
Foolish Boy
Foolish Boy
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Back to top Go down

My stable Empty My Stable

Post by veedal Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:12 pm

that's a pity that the grey one is suffering from rot,nothing worse when it's in a car that you know to be a good un'
good luck with the swap,really like those g60 steels they look great pollished.
veedal
veedal
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum