Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Switch NEW photos added. What do you think?

+6
Foolish Boy
stari23
steveb
venturbo
trampdrifting
t-jett
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Project Switch NEW photos added. What do you think? Empty Project Switch NEW photos added. What do you think?

Post by t-jett Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:23 pm

Project is coming to and end now what do you think of new pictures?

I was having jetta withdrawal as my main blue jetta project has been in the garage for ages now and will still be for some time till all the work is done. But recently I spotted this neglected jetta at a local garage and asked the owner how much he would sell it for. Got it for £80 in the end. As I have a large amount of extra parts lying around form my other project I thought great I can throw together a daily runner. So the plan tomorrow is to spend one day changing the car you see below into something totally different.

At the back of the garage I found it

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Outside the house

Happy to say I had this lying around

Well tomorrows going to be a busy day. Going to change engine for the lump above I've put together special. 8v 2.0 35/44 big head lump. Changing the interior, brakes, suspension, bumpers etc...

Will add posts again soon

If all else fails will have to change plates on my brothers and see if any one notices lol!

Last edited by t-jett on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
t-jett
t-jett
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Project Switch NEW photos added. What do you think? Empty Re: Project Switch NEW photos added. What do you think?

Post by t-jett Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:37 pm

Forgot to add, this is the current engine bay

And interior

Crying or Very sad
t-jett
t-jett
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Project Switch NEW photos added. What do you think? Empty Re: Project Switch NEW photos added. What do you think?

Post by trampdrifting Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:42 pm

Good luck with that mate - Sounds like a good plan! Although i think i have an insiders view on whats happening with this one Wink
trampdrifting
trampdrifting
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by venturbo Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:45 pm

1 day?

Very brave. Looks a good base though.

venturbo
2.0 TFSI - 200ps!

Number of posts : 961
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by t-jett Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:49 pm

Yeah sorry to keep you out so late last night trampy. Hope you wern't too knackered at work today.
t-jett
t-jett
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by trampdrifting Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:17 pm

Nah it was fine, good to catch up as i haven't seen you since Santa Pod! I have the bug again now! Been reading all the posts that Manzi put up and want to get the tolls back out on it!
trampdrifting
trampdrifting
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:51 pm

i have a black dash full 1.6 intirior in grey that is mint that you can have for whatever you feel like payin if you can come and fetch it it will be scrapped soon shame to waste it. even the clocks must go

that is if the blue doesnt come up

everything but the steering wheel and indicator stalks

the car

shame to let it all gt cubed really
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by stari23 Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:52 am

thanks for the offer steveb but we have the interior sortd am interested in your clocks if they are the two plug version also would be interested in the rear bumper
stari23
stari23
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:04 pm

clocks are two plug but isnt G one plug?

have a set of 16v 2 plug aswell

are you going small bumper then is the rear big bumper any good as i need one ?

cheers
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by stari23 Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:39 pm

rear bumper is good would happily do a swap yes a g normally is 1 plug but this one wont be so would also be interest in your 16v clocks. will add todays progress later
stari23
stari23
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by t-jett Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:56 pm

We are also still in need of a 8v gti fuel pump, rear wiring loom, fuel pipes, osr window 1/4 glass, front valance and maybe some other bits. But we are off to the local scrapy tomorrow moring to see if we can pick any of this up, so will update tomorrow what we still need.

Steveb your a little bit of away from us so any ideas on what you want to do about exchanging parts? Anyone travel up and down the country?
t-jett
t-jett
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by t-jett Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:39 pm

Todays update. Not quite finished yet and I have put all pictures of todays work in my personal folder for viewing but I will add a few to this post as well

Engine changes

We started at 08.00 and this was after 90mins

After 240 mins

After 450 mins

At the end of the day 600 mins or 10hrs work later

Also complete car at the end of the day

Still lots to do and as I said more pictures posted in my personl album.
t-jett
t-jett
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by trampdrifting Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:23 pm

Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
trampdrifting
trampdrifting
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by t-jett Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:46 pm

Just a quick update to this post as I havn't added anything for awhile. I took it for its MOT today and it failed on a few tiny bits. Got it home and 2hrs later all was fixed. Is booked in for a retest tomorrow. Will update post with picture and good news on the MOT tomorrow. Just wanted to say how pleased I was to get it out on the road today. The new engine is sooooooooooo nice. Will hopefully be in it tomorrow night for the No Rice meet. Hope to see some of you there. Just want to say a BIG THANKS to steve b for the parts towards this project, my 2 brothers who helped on the day, my mate down the street who is all ways on hand for technical advice when I get stuck and the bloke at the garage I brought it from for selling it to me for £80 even though he thought I was mad. cheers Awards bit over THANKS to you all. cheers cheers
t-jett
t-jett
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Foolish Boy Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:10 pm

As a wise man once said........... "I love it when a plan comes together."
Foolish Boy
Foolish Boy
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:05 pm

He would also say ....................I pitty the fool who failed it on the MOT!!
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Number of posts : 2583
Registration date : 2007-03-05

http://www.JettaOwnersClub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by t-jett Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:24 pm

Well here it is, photos of the finished product. In the end its been 6 weeks in total but most of the work was done on that main day, and I didn't really have time to touch the car at all for 4 weeks. But its done know all MOT'd, tax'd and running. If you have read other recent post you will already know that I managed to get it done it time for the recent No Rice gattering and was very impressed with my new 2.0l big valve motor. Although it looks standard puts a big smile on my face and has already caught out a few other motors.

So heres the pictures. Hope its OK.

t-jett
t-jett
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Project Switch NEW photos added. What do you think? Empty Update on project switch.

Post by t-jett Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Had a bit of time off recently so been a bit busy on the motor and thought I should add a quick update about how she stands now. The photos don't really show all the work done because alot of the changes are quite subtle but I'm happy with the way shes coming along.

I had all the archs, skirts and bumpers off. De-stripped the bumpers, filled and smoothed them. Then painted all the black bits. Used plasticote matt black, excellent finish to all the black plastic bits. Tinted the rear lights so that they are all red now. Tinted the rear window. Finished smoothing the rear boot, repositioned the rear number plate and sunk no plate lights into the bumper. Finished boot install. Ceaned up the mk4 front caliper conversions and gti rears for it (just not fitted them yet). Added the stainless middle exhaust sections I had lying around to it. Swapped the susspension for another set I had. Probably other bits too, just can't think of them now. Hopefully will get chance to do some work on the blue jetta next week now. Very Happy
t-jett
t-jett
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by stari23 Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:04 pm

love the tail gate looks well clean
stari23
stari23
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr T Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:45 pm

I like the smoothed boot! Not too sure on the golf front end? Respect for the amount of the work you've put in.

Mr T
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by t-jett Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:02 pm

Thanks for the comment Mr T. I put alot of time and work into my motors and at this time of year especially its hard to be motivated when its always cold and bad whether. I will always love my vw's with or with out the club but its really nice to get comments because it gives that bit of a push to do more. Cheers.
t-jett
t-jett
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by t-jett Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:15 am

Well I think I have spent enough time on this now so when a friend at work said he'd take some more quality photos of it, I felt the car was ready and that would be a great idea. Plus for those of you who hadn't worked it out already I love a few pictures. My friend enjoys taking photos as abit of a hobby but look at this pics and I think you'll agree he's not too bad at it. If he cn make my car look good, he must be bloody fantastic infact.

So what do you think? Do you like the black bonnet?

If anyone is interested I may hire him out to you to do photos of your motor as well! At the right price of course! lol!
t-jett
t-jett
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by 07jettamk5 Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:01 pm

WOW!! Shocked Great shots !!

I love the look you have going!
07jettamk5
07jettamk5
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by steveb Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:16 pm

looking great mate!, what bits did you end up using from my tx then?
steveb
steveb
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by t-jett Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:16 pm

Thanks for the comments guys. Thanks for the parts once again steve, I still owe you a favor in return. Looking forward to meeting up at ud's. Only about 10 days now. I used the rear bumper, smoothed it and painted it. The rear window and osr 1/4 window were also from you. Also used the back seat, with ski bag! but added some rear head rests to it. May have used a couple of other bits but I can't remember now. Cheers any how.
t-jett
t-jett
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next