Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Newbie just showing you some pics

+5
samthejettaman
Onos
Reaver 'Ant'
tommy long
t-jett
9 posters

Go down

Hi Newbie just showing you some pics Empty Hi Newbie just showing you some pics

Post by t-jett Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:45 pm

Hi, totally new to all this chat site/forum stuff but really pleased to find out there is an up and running JOC so more than happy to give it a go. My brother and I met some of you at the weekend and as soon as we got back both registered as members. I will attempt now to attach some pictures of our cars taken at inters 2007 in the car park, because back then we couldn't find a club. Hopefully you'll all like them and you will find us worthy new members.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mines the blue one and my brothers is the white one. I think he's registered as stari23
t-jett
t-jett
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Hi Newbie just showing you some pics Empty Re: Hi Newbie just showing you some pics

Post by tommy long Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:23 pm

They look fresh out of the 90's with the styling.

Nice tidy motor you got, like the colour of it. What are your plans for it?.
tommy long
tommy long
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Hi Newbie just showing you some pics Empty Re: Hi Newbie just showing you some pics

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:23 pm

Welcome buddy thanks for comin over and making yourselves known gotta say the cars are every bit as nice as you described on the day. Great to have you both onboard
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Number of posts : 2583
Registration date : 2007-03-05

http://www.JettaOwnersClub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Onos Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:13 pm

Welcome to JOC mate
hope to see you and your bruv at one of the shows soon
Onos
Onos
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by t-jett Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:09 pm

In reply to tommy long. I have already done quite alot of stuff to my motor but I am considering fitting coil overs and changing the rims for a set of 14"s at the momnet. Just because the 17's catch very slightly on full lock. What do you think? If I add some small spacers behind the wheels this would solve the problem with the 17's, but what do you all think? 17's or 14's or something else? May also change the interior but at the moment it has a very tidy blue/grey with yellow stripe gti interior which I think suits the car well. I also need to change the brakes all around, Big brake conversion on the way. Hope to see you all at some of the shows and you can see all the little bits already been done. Time for a new project really.
t-jett
t-jett
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by samthejettaman Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:38 pm

welcome to the JOC mate, nice to see its a family run affair!
samthejettaman
samthejettaman
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2007-12-25

http://www.jettaownersclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by dubs Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:04 pm

top cars lads, im lovin the white!!! looks seriously clean in white!! makes me wana go old skool again!!
dubs
dubs
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by vdub_shawty Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:37 pm

welcome to the site, loving both the cars!! Smile
vdub_shawty
vdub_shawty
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2008-05-14

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2255244

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:56 pm

Hello and welcome Very Happy

Andrew
Admin

Number of posts : 1072
Registration date : 2007-05-08

http://www.vpcuk.org

Back to top Go down

Post by trampdrifting Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:00 pm

Ah hello mate - Nice to have someone more local on here. I am from Abingdon. Are you travelling to Santa Pod next sunday?
trampdrifting
trampdrifting
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by t-jett Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:12 pm

Hi to all of you too. I am planning to go to Santa Pod next sunday and will be leaving from abingdon, what you thinking? Maybe we could meet up! I live out nr Witney but work in abingdon.
t-jett
t-jett
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by tommy long Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:46 pm

T-JETTA-STARE wrote:In reply to tommy long. I have already done quite alot of stuff to my motor but I am considering fitting coil overs and changing the rims for a set of 14"s at the momnet. Just because the 17's catch very slightly on full lock. What do you think? If I add some small spacers behind the wheels this would solve the problem with the 17's, but what do you all think? 17's or 14's or something else? May also change the interior but at the moment it has a very tidy blue/grey with yellow stripe gti interior which I think suits the car well. I also need to change the brakes all around, Big brake conversion on the way. Hope to see you all at some of the shows and you can see all the little bits already been done. Time for a new project really.

14's would look good but you'd need to majorly slam it to pull them off. 15's would fill the arch more.

Maybe something like a set of compomotive th monos in 15'' or go 16's and get a set of borbet A's, 7.5x16 front and 9x16 at the rear!.

Look forward to seeing it at gti fest mate. Cool
tommy long
tommy long
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by trampdrifting Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:10 pm

Well me and Venturbo will be leaving from Abingdon so you can meet us there if you want and we can convoy up! Makes it a lot more fun, but we do tend to leave early if that don't bother you.
trampdrifting
trampdrifting
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by trampdrifting Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:11 pm

And that's for the Sunday meet, cant do the Saturday one.
trampdrifting
trampdrifting
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by t-jett Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:42 pm

Sounds good. I thought it was only a sunday event anyway. What do you consider to be early? Hopefully early won't be a problem. I just hope to be able to keep up with you guys after all your chat on other posts about racing each other down the strip all day. I also had a look at the vid clips from inters. Will do my best to keep up though!
t-jett
t-jett
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by trampdrifting Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:48 am

Well we would like to be there for about 8.00 really to get the stand sorted, so will probably be leaving at around 6.30 ish from Abingdon if that's alright with ya!
trampdrifting
trampdrifting
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by t-jett Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:11 pm

That sounds great. I will be coming straight from work anyway and normally finish at about 6.30am anyway, but have already arranged to finish at 6 instead. I work just round the corner from Maccy D's so could meet you there just after 6 if you wanted to be a bit earlier. If not I will get breakfast and met you where/when ever is best for you.

Is it just the 3 of us meeting in oxford?

Stari23 may join us as well but not sure at the moment where he will be sat night so might meet up with us nr M1 instead. Do we normally all meet up before we get there?

Is it Ok is continue this chat on this post as we have diverted from the origional topic or should we be private messaging? Sorry to ask but I am new to forums and just read the rules the other day! Should have done that sooner I know, wouldn't have put my user name in caps if I had.
t-jett
t-jett
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by trampdrifting Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:33 pm

No thats fine. Yeah i will probably get there for 6 then and get some food too! Not sure if we are meeting all the others yet but i normally try to meet reaver, makes getting in and organised easier
trampdrifting
trampdrifting
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by t-jett Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:40 pm

Will see you there just after 6 then. Well looking forward to it!
If it not to much bother could you keep me informed of any plans to meet up with others, just interested to know.
t-jett
t-jett
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by trampdrifting Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:13 pm

Yeah no probs, are you going to be running the pod then? £20 all day, it's well worth it
trampdrifting
trampdrifting
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down