Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hey guys i'm new and this be my 87 mk2 jetta gti

+9
ValiantSaint
rob c
jedi16v
re2
Reaver 'Ant'
Mozza
acsa
07jettamk5
Robbie1885!
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

hey guys i'm new and this be my 87 mk2 jetta gti  - Page 4 Empty Re: hey guys i'm new and this be my 87 mk2 jetta gti

Post by Robbie1885! Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:25 pm

well well, happy new year to everyone and all that! Very Happy new years resolution is to get her back on the road before the world ends! job done!
well after putting the engine works on hold cause it was starting to wind me up and figured id come back to it with a fresh set of eyes. i turned my gaze upon the body work side of things. this was all going well
from this
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
to this
from this
to this
possibly should have been more surgical with the grinder!sorry window seal!
from this
to this
so with these bits ready for primer and a skim of filler i thought id have a look at this
and found this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i almost cried!lol!
so i was thinking of buying a donor car for the last bits of rust on the drivers door sill, drivers rear wheel arch and the last 2 bits on the boot sill and now it looks like ill be using it for this too!
unluckily i'm deploying to the gulf for 6-7 months on the 23rd so she is kinda stuck in this state until i return, hopefully with a pocket full of cash and a fistful of enthusiasm.
cheers for reading.
Robbie1885!
Robbie1885!
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

hey guys i'm new and this be my 87 mk2 jetta gti  - Page 4 Empty Re: hey guys i'm new and this be my 87 mk2 jetta gti

Post by jedi16v Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:51 pm

Good to see your're still making progress mate, at least you've found the tin worm now and not at a later date, good luck with the deployment to mate
jedi16v
jedi16v
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie1885! Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:54 am

Yeah she's coming on slowly but surely but it's a pain getting stuff done with early darkness and rain! :-( although in a fit of frustration over Christmas I found a 58 foot by 26 foot narrowing into 12 foot workshop with a 2bed maisonette above it! Shame about the price tag!lol! I think all the rust under the wing might have been caused by sun roof drains! I just hope that in doesn't go to far up the pillar!
Robbie1885!
Robbie1885!
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jettameister Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:07 pm

That's a lot of rust Shocked Shocked
Keep up the good work

Jettameister
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie1885! Mon May 21, 2012 9:42 am

Hey hey, guys a quick update, although I am rocking it up in Dubai at the moment(amazing place) I have been doing a lot of thinking about what direction I need to be going in with the jetta to deal with the rust issue. I have been talking to acouple of the lads inboard that used to work in a bodyshop and the prognosis isn't great!!!!! It's fine if the rust hasnt reached up into the A-pillar but if it has then most body shops won't touch it! So I am thinking that a full strip down back to a bear shell Andy som shot blasting is in order. Figure it is best to get the shell sorted once properly and never have any worrys then has ass it now and keep having snags with it as time goes by. Does anybody know of any decent bodyshops in the west Sussex area?
Well I still have another 3 months until I get back so plenty of time to come up with a plan of action!:-)
Robbie1885!
Robbie1885!
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Mon May 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Keep up with the good work, i've seen worse fixed.

Smile
Gromit
Gromit
1.6 TDI - 105ps!

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jetta88 Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:22 am

hello to you matey,have a jetta tx and jetta gti myself, and lurking in my lock up a g plate gx that have been using for parts, if you get stuck for parts or need body cuts give me a shout. keepup the good work
jetta88
jetta88
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-08-02

http://anthonyashaw@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie1885! Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:49 pm

Hey he sorry for the late reply, cheers for the offer I'll defo take you up on that! Very Happy well after 6 months and 3 weeks away I am back in country and am gagging to get back into the jetta. Have had a right good sort out of the garage and I'm gonna start stripping the front end in the next week or so. I still don't know if I should tackle the body work myself or shop it out, I'd rather do it right once then do it myself and keep having snags. Pictures and updates to follow.

Also I have a bought an 02 bora 130 tdi ST but I'll start up a new thread for her!:-)
Robbie1885!
Robbie1885!
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie1885! Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:51 pm

Right well, I have been busy not working on the jetta lately, the missus living in London and shitty weather keep getting in the way. Crying or Very sad but there has been some progress, I have striped the dash out which was fun and I am looming at pulling the engine loom out Neutral but I have absolutely no idea what is the best way to go about it!!!!! Any tips or nods in the right direction will be a massive help. I have popped out the fuse panel and had a good root around but before I get to carried away and do some damage that could be avoided.
Robbie1885!
Robbie1885!
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie1885! Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:14 pm

Everything must go, please check the parts for sale for details
Robbie1885!
Robbie1885!
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4