Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GTI Engineering Jetta GT (painted and been to some shows)

+23
Robbie1885!
cacadoodledoo123
jonsie
UberDub
Simeon
stari23
jedi16v
welderone
dicko120
venturbo
Dirtydubber
samthejettaman
jetta88
wiggy
jettamk2coupe
07jettamk5
popeye
Mexican
liam.
manzi
pipster
Reaver 'Ant'
re2
27 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

GTI Engineering Jetta GT (painted and been to some shows) - Page 7 Empty Re: GTI Engineering Jetta GT (painted and been to some shows)

Post by re2 Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:13 pm

HELP!

the tinted front screen has cracked when it was fitted, so i need an early Mk2 tinted screen that was availale up to and inc 87

Can anyone help?? Must be genuine and undamaged please

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

GTI Engineering Jetta GT (painted and been to some shows) - Page 7 Empty Re: GTI Engineering Jetta GT (painted and been to some shows)

Post by re2 Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:14 pm

heres some taster pics from when the GT was collected

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

its looking rather spankingly shiney and Im proud of what Simon and the team have acheived!

Over budget?? Hell yeah!

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by 07jettamk5 Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:31 pm

Man that's gonna be sweet!!! cheers
07jettamk5
07jettamk5
2.0 TDI - 170ps!

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Simeon Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:16 pm

Awesome!
Simeon
Simeon
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:56 am

bit of a delay at the mo- Im getting the Golf Country ready to take over daily duties and i had my motorbike stolen the other night too, so i just dont have spare time at the mo. Simon and Benny came over Tues eve to help me fit the bootlid and sunroof, and I fitted all the new badges the other day too

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:49 pm

Chap it looks great it really does, truely well done to all involved! I really want to see this car badly. As for budgets with a resto like this you cant even start with a budget its impossible to say how much big builds like this will cost its the nature of the beast lol as far as im concerned you command respect for not backing down when the banks manager started to sweat Laughing Sorry to hear about the bike mate finger crossed it might turn up Mad .
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.dirtydubs.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:50 pm

I really do need a new keyboard now!!!!!!!!
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:26 pm

cheers fella. The bike theft has kinda screwed up plans at the mo, but the Golf Country is on the road and as soon as my mates wedding is out the way, ill be back on the jetta with a vengance. The bank manager has no idea whats going on as its the last of my inheritance thats just about funding this now. I dont even know if ill be able to insure it because this is the second theft ive had in 2 years and ive been so discreet and careful. Just bad luck from time to time eh- rough with the smooth!

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:32 pm

May i suggest the only mod you make to this comes in the for of a bloody good toad, and i dont mean the sort that rebits! oh and a large bat, and i dont mean the one that flys at night or eats fruit lol.
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:03 pm

it will have security on it!!
; )

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie1885! Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:31 pm

i genuinely cant wait to see how she looks when she is finished. Laughing
Robbie1885!
Robbie1885!
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:52 am

after catching up with just about everything else im finding out if its possible to refit all the glass, interior, carpets, rooflining, dash, suspension, refurb the brakes, new rear brake lines, mot, secure, tax and get it back to the paintshop for a couple of days- all before Inters show and shine

likely............?

we will see wont we

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:13 pm

still hammering it out.................

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Simeon Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:46 am

Looking forward to seeing this on Sunday Wink
Simeon
Simeon
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:00 am

done it!
(just)

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Simeon Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:56 pm

Awesome Cool
Simeon
Simeon
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:40 pm

I did make it and by the sunday, the Jetta was shiney enough to respectable. Its been a hell of a couple of weeks with many long days, a couple of tantrums and shitloads of cleaning, care and searching for mundane fixtures and fittings, but by god was it worth it!

Even without any poish being used (i ran out of prep time) The car still managed a 35/40 in the Concours class, so Im well happy with that. More to come about the trials and tribulations as soon as I de-saturate and dig some pics out

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by jedi16v Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:22 pm

This is epic bud a massive amount of respect is due many a person would of chucked the towel in after the fire so to see an end result like this take a bow that man Very Happy
jedi16v
jedi16v
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Simeon Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:21 am

Looked fantastic at Inters mate, good work Smile
Simeon
Simeon
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:24 pm

im just a stubburn git (who cant spell)
; )
Good to see you again simeon!
Major respect has to go to sie and benny for the paint and also rob for helping me get it to the show
take a bow boys!

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:17 pm

Love it!

Andrew
Admin

Number of posts : 1072
Registration date : 2007-05-08

http://www.vpcuk.org

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:34 am

you will see it in the flesh if you are off to vw action at uttoxeter this sunday
; )

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:12 pm

I made the show and the Jetta looked fairly respectable despite not being detailed yet. It wasnt the sunniest of days but there were quite a few really nice water and air-cooled cars, buses and campers.

As most do, I wandered over to see who had won a trophy and I had a few in mind as there was a high standard for such a small show. "The first trophy goes to a white and grey jetta...."- well I was there walking out to collect my first trophy, but as I got to the compare he asked me how I knew it was mine as he hadnt even read the name out yet. "How many other white and grey jettas do you ahev a the show?" I replied Wink

My first ever trophy (except a 3rd place for karting at Ancaster Kart track some years ago)

Absolutely-bloody-gobsmacked!

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie1885! Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:48 pm

Congrats on the trophy, I'm everyone on here that's followed your thread will agree that it's been well earned and couldn't have gone to a better guy or car!:-)
Robbie1885!
Robbie1885!
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:28 am

thankyou Robbie- thats a proper nice thing to say. The car earnt it though and everyone who played a part

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next