Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GTI Engineering Jetta GT (painted and been to some shows)

+23
Robbie1885!
cacadoodledoo123
jonsie
UberDub
Simeon
stari23
jedi16v
welderone
dicko120
venturbo
Dirtydubber
samthejettaman
jetta88
wiggy
jettamk2coupe
07jettamk5
popeye
Mexican
liam.
manzi
pipster
Reaver 'Ant'
re2
27 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

GTI Engineering Jetta GT (painted and been to some shows) - Page 5 Empty Re: GTI Engineering Jetta GT (painted and been to some shows)

Post by re2 Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:32 pm

heres a few pics albeit of 3+ weeks ago

The other sill has been prepped now and theres a rear panel back on it too!
Yay!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

found a bit more fire damage- but its no biggie

tinted lights anyone??

a bit more prep work done but the bumper still needs a mend when its in situ

heres some pics of the trim im also looking for (still need those clips too)

and finally, the engine on its way out to tidy the bay up too

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

GTI Engineering Jetta GT (painted and been to some shows) - Page 5 Empty Re: GTI Engineering Jetta GT (painted and been to some shows)

Post by jedi16v Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:42 pm

Wow shes really coming along now bud, you must be well happy keep those updates coming
jedi16v
jedi16v
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2007-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:17 pm

new pics in a couple of weeks

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:44 pm

sitting in the back ground still watching silent
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2008-08-04

http://www.dirtydubs.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:07 pm

well.............

i know thats some final paint has been applied in some places and im also off to collect a set of NOS side skirts and all the trim and clips with it............

oh yeah!!

: ))

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by stari23 Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:36 am

interested in selling that spare piece of trim??
stari23
stari23
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:30 pm

all the new stuff is getting fitted instead of the old skirts and the old skirts will get saved to cover any future accidents. Its been a lot harder to find these parts over here than I thought and Ive only got this far due to blind luck. What do you need and Ill keep a watch out for you
Sorry

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by jedi16v Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:08 am

I need the passenger sill doing on mine whereabouts did you get your panels from?
jedi16v
jedi16v
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:22 am

oooh you tease Wink
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:37 pm

jedi- ill ask the chap who sourced them for me on saturday, but they are pattern parts. I went with that as they were going under the bodykit anyway but to be fair you wouldnt notice the difference.

stari- if you are in a spot then ill do what i can to get another of these restored but im trying to keep what I can. Exactly what do you need? The thin trim and all the side skirts are nigh on impossible to find except in mainland europe and thats a trip across the channel. The rear sections are available from Autotech as well as bare rhd sills for $5 a peice. I havent found any spare front bumpers as yet anywhere. The arch trim is the 1986 design and not the slightly more common 1987 style (god knows what the difference is!!) but i do have a set of srch trim that has been modified for wider wheels although you wouldnt know without craning your neck up into the arch

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by stari23 Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:22 pm

im just after one of the thin trims that insert in to the side skirt.
stari23
stari23
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:35 pm

stari- you can have the cracked one if you like. Id like to keep hold of the other as a spare. Its all there with no missing bits- just cracked (provided the new bits are what they are suppoosed to be)

as it seems to go with this project, theres always a cloud to that silver lining. The long drive to York to pick up the NOS side skirts revealed I was missing a Links to my Rechts- in fact I had be double recht'emed.

Id found out on my previous trip to the GT, that my side skirts had been well buggered about with in the past, so I was well excited to score a complete kit! It looks like at least its only the left skirt that will need a repair, so it aint all bad and Ive got those bloody elusive clips and trim now. There was also a couple of mystery parts in there too. I couldnt work out if they went at the front or the rear of the skirt ???

The other grill will have to go one hell of a transformation! The Zender grill and lights wioll also be getting a refurb, as I beleive they have been on the car for a very long time, maybe even from new ???

The first to greet me were 4 out of the 5 wheels that are getting painted. I also have a 6th that will go in the loft somewhere for a rainy day.

The best bit by far was the now gleaming engine bay!

The car is al in the same colour primer and its looking healthier for it. Both the sills have been done and all the patching complete

The mystery that remeins, is why do i have a later VW roundal in the cater of my rear panel???? Some say, that its because its off a later doner car- and they'ed be right. However, there still the original panel that came with the car that was the same. After looking through all the pics I have, it can only be that its been repaired sometime in the past too. Even before the earliest pics before the last respray. It also shows you that I cant see the obvious from time to time too, but I can find the odd treat to adorn it with....

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:08 pm

My god man those last pics really get the memories going from 2 years back i cant belive ive had mine that long shes looking well buddy really well!! Your zender grill buddy was option from GTI Engineering back in the day you were able to specify whether you car came with it or just the standard front as the rest of us have on our specials. Keep the the build thread coming i love it
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Number of posts : 2583
Registration date : 2007-03-05

http://www.JettaOwnersClub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:18 pm

Hi ant
I know it was an option but I was always curious if it had been on all the time. The real mystery is that rear panel!!

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by jedi16v Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:25 pm

Wow what a transformation glad to see it coming together after the fire incident
jedi16v
jedi16v
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:32 pm

all the credit is Simons really. All Ive done is track down parts and pay bills
; )

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaver 'Ant' Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:38 pm

Like you say its well before the days of the centre vw badge it must have had a rear ender at some point as we all know the min you you have a rear end bump thats the whole back panel gone. It also only has the badge holes on the os and not the ns hmm strange one have you ever hpid it to see if theres any history
Reaver 'Ant'
Reaver 'Ant'
Admin

Number of posts : 2583
Registration date : 2007-03-05

http://www.JettaOwnersClub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:59 am

not tried HPI- good idea though. There wasnt any obvious crash repairs, but it must have had that panel changed sometime

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by stari23 Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:16 am

well this has all been news to me, thought they all had the rear centre badge? the rear panel on mine is the same, a centre badge and no holes on the near side very odd!!!!
stari23
stari23
1.4 TSI - 122ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:24 pm

if you look through all the pics in the press articles ive scanned, there isnt any with center VW badges and they are both C and D reg cars. Ant hasnt got a center badge. The rear panel on the Golfs changed in '88 or maybe '87.

Truely foxed too!!

Stari- ill sort that trim out for you if the new trim is all hunky dorey

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:07 pm

after the double right hand side side skirts downer, i bit the bullet and offered a cheeky bid on a set of skirts on ebay.de

the bid was accepted so im back to having a pair of new skirts again, and have 2 NOS right side skirts for sale if anyone is interested as a spare for their own Special's

im sure something will f*** up though!

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:21 pm

Still watching it looks great!. I cant wait to see this in the flesh.
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:54 am

the engine is in now so that means the wings etc will be getting fitted and its a massive step nearer to paint. Ill get pics as soon as i drop these sideskirts off again

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtydubber Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:49 pm

Top news please dont hang around with the pics i need to see the lump in! Have you gone for a rebuild on that too?
Dirtydubber
Dirtydubber
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by re2 Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:36 pm

the lump is original and standard but has been cleaned up plenty. I might have found a flowed k-jet head to spice it up, however, its more of a cruiser

re2
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next