Jetta Owners Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

home at last

3 posters

Go down

home at last Empty home at last

Post by popeye Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:06 pm

arrived home thank god, traffic on M6

to all newbies that attended GTIfest,please accept our apologies for the show not being as good as expected due to the rain and petrol heads obsessed with the 1/4 mile.you know who they are drivin drivin drivin drivin lol!
it was my first time at santa pod today and i was extremely disappointed at how the day turned out too.
i hope this didn't put you off our club meets and hope that harewood house and edition38 can only make up for it cheers
popeye
popeye
Staff Member

Number of posts : 979
Registration date : 2008-03-09

http://ron.bremner@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

home at last Empty Re: home at last

Post by trampdrifting Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:17 pm

Well, i think it took me as long to travel half the distance! And Venturbo is only just leaving here - so thats another hour at least!
trampdrifting
trampdrifting
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by t-jett Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:36 pm

Popeye

The day wasn't that bad. Still a chance to get together and I saw more jettas at that show than I have at any other for awhile. Just a shame there wasn't more going on, on the track, but I'm sure we are all used to the weather we get in this country.

Trampdrifting

What happen on the way home then, did you decide to take it easy after thrashing your motor all day or was it just traffic. Keeping up with you 2 in the morning was hard work for our old sheds.

Great to join all you guys at the weekend, we had a good time. Lots more work to do on our motors now though and were going to put together a project for next years season to have some fun on track days with. Will post news of this when and as its happening. Very Happy
t-jett
t-jett
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by trampdrifting Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:43 pm

You both have a good 25 bhp on me anyway! But vic told me that you both just did re-build so were trying to take it easy or something. I didn't know that until later in the day though otherwise i would have held back a bit for ya. We just got stuck in the silverstone trafic on the way home that's all but had an awsome drive back through some random roads! It's was good to have you come along though and hopefully next time we can make more of a day of it!
trampdrifting
trampdrifting
1.4 TFSI - 160ps!

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by t-jett Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:20 pm

Yeah I only got about 10hrs sleep in total all week due to doing bits and pieces on my motor and stari had to sort out that oil problem which developed on the way back from inters. We don't tend to shift that much anyway, just light weights I guess.

By the way can't remember but I think it was you and wiggy who were listening to my engine and noticed that odd pinking noise, it was a crap HT lead new ones now fitted, much better. I think my clutch is now gone though so I better get that done as well, always something to do.

I spoke with valver about local meets and asked if it would be ok if we arranged something in oxford. Would you be interested in that? Do you think I should put up a post about it to see what interest we get? We could start up a regular thing and maybe incourage other areas to do the same.
t-jett
t-jett
2.0 TDI - 140ps!

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum